The Duck Thread

Thank you, their shiny green is starting to come through. And one even has some purple on its wings! I don't know if my purple winged duckling is the drake or one of the 3 females but it's gorgeous.

Very cool! Purple must look nice. One of are anconas has a little green on it's wings and it looks pretty cool :) Although can't really get a picture showing how it looks.

Very cool! Purple must look nice. One of are anconas has a little green on it's wings and it looks pretty cool :) Although can't really get a picture showing how it looks.

The purple only shows in certain lighting and never in a picture. I tried to get pictures of the purple highlights on the duckling wings, but no go. The green also barely shows on some pictures. But seeing them in person, well they are stunning. I can NOT wait till they get their adult feathers in!

The purple only shows in certain lighting and never in a picture. I tried to get pictures of the purple highlights on the duckling wings, but no go. The green also barely shows on some pictures. But seeing them in person, well they are stunning. I can NOT wait till they get their adult feathers in!

I know, so annoying when you try to get a good picture... Never seems to work :( I bet they look amazing :)

My brother had friends over this evening and when I went out to see my ducks I saw one of them eating a gold fish, I also noticed gold fish on the ground of the run. Turns out my brothers friends had fed them gold the gold fish. Should I be concerned for the ducks health?

My brother had friends over this evening and when I went out to see my ducks I saw one of them eating a gold fish, I also noticed gold fish on the ground of the run. Turns out my brothers friends had fed them gold the gold fish. Should I be concerned for the ducks health?
No, but you don't want them eating a lot or often, they are FULL of thimerosal.

Ever have one of them days
jumpy.gif

My Runners are not laying - nothing for 6 weeks and just 1-2 a day for the last 2 weeks. I've got nine 2 yr old Runners, 1 is sitting on eggs, 3 have ducklings ranging from 4 to 8 wks old. That leaves 5 that are giving me, at best, 2 eggs a day. Noone is molting; everyone has fresh bedding and water daily,a small pond and 1 acre to free range on; the temps are perfect - 50s at night, 60s during the day. Do brooding hens and new Moms inhibit the others from laying? They have a 180 sqft secure house at night. There are squirrels around but I've never had a problem with predators. What am I doing wrong? Could there just be too many changes in the flock lately? I know they really don't like change - even something as minor as my husband letting them out in the morning instead of me unsettles them for a day or 2. Temperamental little quackers!

Back
Top Bottom