The Duck Thread

My Cayugas are taking off flying, and since they aren't full grown yet they get rather high. If they get out of my yard they are at high risk from mean human and animal predators. I clip my chickens wings, do you clip a duck the same way? Should I clip 1 wing or both? I just want to keep them safe in my yard. Thanks

My Cayugas are taking off flying, and since they aren't full grown yet they get rather high. If they get out of my yard they are at high risk from mean human and animal predators. I clip my chickens wings, do you clip a duck the same way? Should I clip 1 wing or both? I just want to keep them safe in my yard. Thanks

If you cut both sides you will level them out so only cut one side and the ducks will have more lift on one side and wont be able to fly .....

Hi everyone,
I'd like to share my ducky pictures...
I have six at the moment. The children and I picked up our first three this past March (2014).
And I have officially become addicted.
In the somewhat near future I'm already planning on adding more ducks (including wild ducks) and throwing some geese into the fray.

Right now I have - 1 Indian Runner f - 1 Khaki Campbell m - 1 Cayuga f - 1 Golden Layer f - 2 Anconas (I think) m & f

Well... Today Crackers died.. I didn't know that she could die from a respiratory infection. I didn't quite know she had one but there were signs. I loved her dearly. I hope to get more ducks soon.. Maybe not too soon. Today has been a hard day. I hope no one has to go through this. She was my little miracle. Rest in peace Crackers

Ok so this mother hasn't come back in 3 days. I'm so upset that she just abandon these eggs. They should start to hatch any day . I removed the cracked egg.
Last night I took a towel heated it in the dryer and folded it over her eggs. Does any one out there know if these eggs have a chance without her.

Well... Today Crackers died.. I didn't know that she could die from a respiratory infection. I didn't quite know she had one but there were signs. I loved her dearly. I hope to get more ducks soon.. Maybe not too soon. Today has been a hard day. I hope no one has to go through this. She was my little miracle. Rest in peace Crackers
I'm so sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom