The Duck Thread

Thank you, I just did. My 3rd duckling just hatched and number 4 is starting to zip. Numbers 5 and 6 are still at external pip and resting. I can see movement and hear clicking from them.
thumbsup.gif
Congrats!!

:thumbsup   Congrats!!

Thanks! This is my first attempt at hatching anything, so I'm nervous and excited. These babies are for my sister, she has 1 Pekin drake, 1 crested Pekin hen, and 1 crested mallard hen and is absolutely in love with ducks! She wants to increase her flock and loves the colors of my Cayuga ducks. So I took the opportunity to try hatching for her as they already have a good home. I know there will be more drakes in the hatch, but as striking as they are I think we can find them good homes. She intends to keep 1 drake and all the hens, and has no intention of hatching their eggs. They are to be pets, egg layers, and yard decoration, lol. After we find out the sexes of these hatchlings I will probably end up hatching some more come spring to give her more hens.

This was a test run to see if I could get any live hatchlings! Now I'm praying that the geese eggs I set will hatch as well as my ducks. First goslings are due next week!

Hi all, I have only recently got a pair of Peking ducks. I was thinking about incubating a few eggs but thought I would first ask if you can hatch them with turkey and chicken eggs? And what humidity level do they require to hatch at lock down?
TYIA

Hi all, I have only recently got a pair of Peking ducks. I was thinking about incubating a few eggs but thought I would first ask if you can hatch them with turkey and chicken eggs? And what humidity level do they require to hatch at lock down? 
TYIA 

I have not hatched anything but I do know duck eggs take longer (28 days) and require more humidity than chicken. I have no clue about turkey.

Thank you, I just did. My 3rd duckling just hatched and number 4 is starting to zip. Numbers 5 and 6 are still at external pip and resting. I can see movement and hear clicking from them. Number 6 did have difficulty breaking the membrane, it was dry, so I popped a tiny hole in it and wet with Q-tip and then put it back. It is doing fine, I can see it pushing against the hole now that it's moist again.

I'm here sorry I was in surgery. Let me play catch up

TYIA 

First thing is you would have to time it perfectly, chickens take a shorter time, so unless you have another BATOR available you will have to time it somthat they all go into lock down at the same time..

60 to 65 is just fine for ducks or chickens... Anything higher then 80, in my past experience never made it out alive..

Back
Top Bottom