The Duck Thread

Did they all make it out ?? Nice, sorry I didn't back to you sooner I was helping some one try and get some call ducks out. Talk about stress lol try the call duck challenge. That's stressful

Yes, all 6 eggs successfully hatched! I'm a proud duck momma. These are my very first babies, laid by my flock, and incubated by me!

Thanks needlessjunk turkey also take 28 days. I am doing a staggered hatch and have mostly turkey eggs in there. They also require more humidity than chicks so I think they should hatch pretty well together. 
Thank you 

I have hatched out chickens and ducks at the same time, gave them the same treatment, didn't do anything special except mist the duck eggs. All successfully hatch..

In fact I have even gone as far as to forget to lock down the chickens as well as forget to take them off the turned, loll those poor thing, STILLhatched while swinging back and forth on the turner. Lol.

One night I heard chirp chirp chirp sure enough a chick was sitting in that turner, lol

how is hatching ducks eggs different than hatching chickens eggs?o

Usually duck eggs need to be misted or sponged where chickens don't, plus ducks do better laying down and not on a turner I an upright position,.. Other then that nothing, humidity can stay the same..temp can stay the same...

Last edited:
Hi hennible
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom