The Duck Thread

Thanks for the duck love everyone. Qbert was much fiestier today when I changed the bandage before work. Keeping my hopes up. Little bigger already made it this far.
X2!!  what attacked him attimus ?

Hard to say. Ripped the lid off hinges but couldn't get through the pop door. So I don't think Q got attacked until he jumped out later. Might have been two separate instances but I don't want to get ahead of myself.
Attimus

Hello from the wild,wild west. . Today's temperature is a high, 114'+..
Jacqueline won't fit in, we have a large horse trough with water lettuce. Rick and Lauren, the couple will get in but not these girls. They like to just stand on the stairs thinking about it.

Wish i had more time to check in.. stay cool
Now you need another big bowl. Those girls are just adorable

Although the gates are open (and I am in the yard watching them), most of the ducks are inside the Day Pen. I think they are quite satisfied with their accommodations. It is good to see.

Jade and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day...

I never vent on here, but I'm making an exception today. One of those times where one thing after another goes wrong, and I wish I could just go to bed until tomorrow. A/C issue that's been going on for a week and had multiple technicians look at it. Since it comes and goes, none of them can figure out what's wrong. Right now, though, the house is cool enough to tolerate.

My hubby had parts of the outdoors sprayed for insects a few days ago. The moron did exactly opposite what hubby had asked him to do, so opposite, in fact, that I'm considering right now that I might sue them if they don't quickly agree to at least refund our money. Do not spray in any of these areas. We don't want areas anywhere near our ducks sprayed, and spraying in these areas will force insects inside our house. That simple. DON'T SPRAY THESE AREAS!

Yes, your guess is right. They sprayed those areas. Hubby came home as he was doing it, and the guy said he personally owns ducks, chickens and rabbits, uses it on his own property, and it's safe for all pets after 4 hours. In an abundance of caution, we kept all the ducks penned for two full days, which led to what I imagine would look like schizophrenia in ducks if ducks were subject to it.

The day after the spraying, I began finding ants in the kitchen. Killed what I could see, sprayed around baseboards, etc. Couldn't tell where they were coming in. Still found more ants yesterday, sprayed again, and I was welcomed this morning when I went out to get my coffee to an infestation of ants crawling on every surface in the kitchen.

Then a couple of hours ago, and this is the worst of it and it's most of the reason I even brought myself to post this, incubator failure. Hubby went into our hatching room to get something and called me. The turner the incubator was on had snapped, the incubator was laying on its side, and all the eggs that had been in it had been jarred down into the hood. The hood had separated from the base, and the eggs were cool to the touch. Two were badly cracked in the fall.

At this point, we've gotten the incubator back on another turner and waxed the eggs that were cracked. One of those still showed movement. Others that had been alive didn't show movement, but we put them back in for now since they might still be okay once they warm up. One egg that was due to be locked down today still showed some movement, so I'm praying that will still be the case tonight when we get ready to lock it down.

For any of you who believe in prayer, please say a little prayer that our babies will make it. Regardless of that, I really, really need some hugs.
hit.gif

Hi everyone. Does anyone know if ducks will eat koi fish?

My ducks love goldfish as treats

Qbert is doing much better. A lot more alert and active. there's also feed in his water which means he's eating. As long as he pulls through which I think he will he's gonna have one gnarly scar.
My mallard with bumble is also doing better. Practically no limp to speak of bit I'm gonna keep applying for a few more days to work it through.
Attimus

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom