The Duck Thread

Yes, they eat your brain, then they lay eggs in your brain and the baby earwigs hatch and eat more of your brain.
Like the old Night Gallery episode...IMDB summarizes it thus...

"An unscrupulous man who wants the beautiful wife of another colleague pays to have an earwig placed in the husband's ear. This insect will will tunnel through the victim's brain causing excruciating pain and certain death. However, his accomplice enters the wrong bedroom and places the insect in the man's own ear by mistake. After weeks of pain he miraculously survives, but the doctor tells him that his ordeal is not yet over."

Of course the "not over yet" is that it was a pregnant female earwig that has laid its eggs that will hatch and eat their way out.

You will have to excuese me not...I have to go outside and kill every insect within half a mile.

Like the old Night Gallery episode...IMDB summarizes it thus...

"An unscrupulous man who wants the beautiful wife of another colleague pays to have an earwig placed in the husband's ear. This insect will will tunnel through the victim's brain causing excruciating pain and certain death. However, his accomplice enters the wrong bedroom and places the insect in the man's own ear by mistake. After weeks of pain he miraculously survives, but the doctor tells him that his ordeal is not yet over."

Of course the "not over yet" is that it was a pregnant female earwig that has laid its eggs that will hatch and eat their way out.

You will have to excuese me not...I have to go outside and kill every insect within half a mile.

Umm, hello. How do you think I found out about earwigs and brain eating? It was from that episode back when I was like 8 years old. IMDB doesn't explain it quite right for the ending. At the very end of the episode, the doctor tells the guy that he retrieved the earwig after it ate its way through his brain, and that it was female. Then the guy is like, "Okay, so what?" and the doctors says, "Female earwigs lay eggs."

Umm, hello. How do you think I found out about earwigs and brain eating? It was from that episode back when I was like 8 years old. IMDB doesn't explain it quite right for the ending. At the very end of the episode, the doctor tells the guy that he retrieved the earwig after it ate its way through his brain, and that it was female. Then the guy is like, "Okay, so what?" and the doctors says, "Female earwigs lay eggs."
At which point Laurence Harvey gets that Emmy winning look of panic and screams...close up on his face and... Cue the end titles. Until next week...and I could not sleep for at least three days. Love those old shows. And I was 24 years old then. What a wuss!!

At which point Laurence Harvey gets that Emmy winning look of panic and screams...close up on his face and... Cue the end titles. Until next week...and I could not sleep for at least three days. Love those old shows. And I was 24 years old then. What a wuss!!

Yep, my grandmother reared me and she and I watched Night Gallery, Twilight Zone, all that stuff every week. Horror shows back then were much less gory and much more scary than they are now, and I still very vividly remember some of the episodes. Do you happen to remember the one about serving man?

I can't call you a wuss. My first real-life experience with an earwig was when I was 32 and moved to where I am now. We didn't have them in KY. My hubby and I were on the back deck and something crawled on my arm, then I looked down and flicked it off and said, "Ugly bug. Do you know what that is?" There were several others crawling around on the deck. The hubby said, "Yeah, it's an earwig." I started screaming, and I mean bloodcurdling screams. They probably heard me in the next neighborhood. It didn't help when he said, "It's nothing to worry about. They're all over in this area." More screaming. I ran in the house and put earplugs and huddled in the bed. I told him I wasn't coming back out until all the earwigs were gone.

Yep, my grandmother reared me and she and I watched Night Gallery, Twilight Zone, all that stuff every week. Horror shows back then were much less gory and much more scary than they are now, and I still very vividly remember some of the episodes. Do you happen to remember the one about serving man?

I can't call you a wuss. My first real-life experience with an earwig was when I was 32 and moved to where I am now. We didn't have them in KY. My hubby and I were on the back deck and something crawled on my arm, then I looked down and flicked it off and said, "Ugly bug. Do you know what that is?" There were several others crawling around on the deck. The hubby said, "Yeah, it's an earwig." I started screaming, and I mean bloodcurdling screams. They probably heard me in the next neighborhood. It didn't help when he said, "It's nothing to worry about. They're all over in this area." More screaming. I ran in the house and put earplugs and huddled in the bed. I told him I wasn't coming back out until all the earwigs were gone.
lol.png
yuckyuck.gif

Back
Top Bottom