The Duck Thread

Anyone ever have their ducks laying eggs in the pond? Not by it, right in the water...

Yes, and you just helped me realize that could be where a lot of our eggs are. I find them floating occasionally. Our ducks free range during the day and I can never find their eggs
ep.gif

Last edited:
When my pond got super dry this year, must have been 40+ eggs in the much on the bottom...

Holy cow! Thats alot of eggs! Lol! I got lucky...my duck lays her egg during the night so it always in their bed in the morning when i go to let her and chick pea out! They sleep together...all cuddled up! It's so cute! Chick pea usually lays her eggs in there too but ive had my new birds cooped so when I let quackers and chick pea out in the morning they can't get bk in til i put them to bed...unless im down there cleaning so chick peas been laying her egg in the flower bed again! It was super cold today tho and i didnt let them out til almost lunchtime so both eggs were in their bed! Im waiting for this cold spell to pass then i will let the whole flock free range again...then the coop will be bk open for business during the day! I just want to make sure all my new chickens know where they're supposed to be and i really didn't wanna have to worry about them getting too cold if one doesnt go in! I accidentally let my first batch of new ones get out the next morning after i got them and chased 2 of em around for 2 days and 1 for 3 days! Worried myself sick over em bein out but they survived...thank god! Now theyre grounded...lol!

Holy cow! Thats alot of eggs! Lol! I got lucky...my duck lays her egg during the night so it always in their bed in the morning when i go to let her and chick pea out! They sleep together...all cuddled up! It's so cute! Chick pea usually lays her eggs in there too but ive had my new birds cooped so when I let quackers and chick pea out in the morning they can't get bk in til i put them to bed...unless im down there cleaning so chick peas been laying her egg in the flower bed again! It was super cold today tho and i didnt let them out til almost lunchtime so both eggs were in their bed! Im waiting for this cold spell to pass then i will let the whole flock free range again...then the coop will be bk open for business during the day! I just want to make sure all my new chickens know where they're supposed to be and i really didn't wanna have to worry about them getting too cold if one doesnt go in! I accidentally let my first batch of new ones get out the next morning after i got them and chased 2 of em around for 2 days and 1 for 3 days! Worried myself sick over em bein out but they survived...thank god! Now theyre grounded...lol!
OMG, HOW PRECIOUS... Chick pea and Quackers are something else. I've decided my ducks don't like anyone but themselves, lol

Hi everyone! Sorry I'm a little out of the loop, we had no internet here for almost three weeks waiting for Verizon to come and fix it :th

My holderread welsh harlequin ducklings aren't really ducklings anymore, and they are starting to look like proper drakes. The big one (who has been named Pumpkin after my very first hen) is especially looking like a real drake now. The littler one, named Pie, still has a bit of catching up to do but he's going to be stunning too, I think.

And, a picture of one of my welshie girls, who was unfortunately lost in a predator attack last winter, made it into the all other poultry calendar :weee Here she is:

Hi everyone! Sorry I'm a little out of the loop, we had no internet here for almost three weeks waiting for Verizon to come and fix it :th

My holderread welsh harlequin ducklings aren't really ducklings anymore, and they are starting to look like proper drakes. The big one (who has been named Pumpkin after my very first hen) is especially looking like a real drake now. The littler one, named Pie, still has a bit of catching up to do but he's going to be stunning too, I think.

And, a picture of one of my welshie girls, who was unfortunately lost in a predator attack last winter, made it into the all other poultry calendar :weee Here she is:

Awww! She was beautiful! Sorry u lost her but What a wonderful way to remember her tho!

Hi everyone! Sorry I'm a little out of the loop, we had no internet here for almost three weeks waiting for Verizon to come and fix it
th.gif

And, a picture of one of my welshie girls, who was unfortunately lost in a predator attack last winter, made it into the all other poultry calendar
wee.gif
Here she is:

She's beautiful. Sorry you lost her.

Awww... :hugs

Such an amazing way to remember her by though!!

We feel your pain, Pyxis... lost our beloved Burn recently too... gonna submit his pic next year if they make the Other Poultry Calender again...

Blue Godz, very sorry for your loss. I feel for you. I lost one of my chickens and my pet turkey the other day. The chicken was hit on the road and we can't find the turkey, and I'm heart broken. So sorry you had to lose so many babies. Hugs!

Attimus, love the pictures of your little wood duck! She is precious.

Pyxis, congrats on making the calendar! Love the picture of your girl. She looks so content and makes me happy when I look at her :) I'll bet she was a sweetheart.

I had to do a double take. That looks almost exactly like a pic I toon of my welshie. So sorry for your loss but congrats! Now everyone gets to see how lovely she was.

Back
Top Bottom