The Duck Thread

Good luck! Have you tried weighing them and tracking air cell growth that way? It is very accurate and tells you exactly if you need to lower or raise humidity from week to week.

I wanted to but always either forgot to do it or had trouble getting a chicken out of the nest to get the eggs. One of our Jerseys is feeling half broody.

My ducks are about 22 weeks old and have not started laying yet...can hardly wait! :weee

How exciting! What breed(s) do you have? I have to wait until Springtime to see the first egg from my mallard. She's a tease, I tell you.

awe, she doesn't like it. Well, I would have to hold her at least a few times because she is so cute. Her face is sweet.

Hehe I'm the same way. I love to be close to animals sometimes and they aren't always happy I'm in their bubble.

I noticed my pekin laying down today...beside her pool which i thought was a little weird too! Then a little while later she was sleeping in the pool!

It may just be cuz it's the first time shes actually been able to float in her pool...usually its on a hill so only half full because my hose won't reach and i either bucket water to it or fill it and drag it around the house! And I was keeping it in the shade but since its been cooler out i decided to put it out in the sun on flatter land!

Adorable! My ducks love to do that.

Thank you! I believe they are both females, determined with a quick vent sexing when I bought them. Still though, American Buff females are usually around 14 pounds, which is four or five pounds bigger than my roman tufted goose, Lacie. Here's a picture of them together:

As you can see they're a bit smaller than her.
give them time to grow up some more they'll probably fill out nicely ;) and if they don't then I guess bantam geese are a thing now lol

give them time to grow up some more they'll probably fill out nicely ;) and if they don't then I guess bantam geese are a thing now lol

After posting in the goose forum, it has been confirmed that they are actually crosses and are half Canada goose! I wasn't expecting to hear that, lol.

Last edited:

I have 2 Anconas...Molly & Wally... one Swedish drake, Dobby, and his special sweety, a Khaki Cambel...Luna
I raised Dobby and Luna from ducklings.... Here they all are in their new enclosed pen!

How exciting! What breed(s) do you have? I have to wait until Springtime to see the first egg from my mallard. She's a tease, I tell you.
Hehe I'm the same way. I love to be close to animals sometimes and they aren't always happy I'm in their bubble.
I know. Me too. Especially with burds. I love other animals but the feathered fluffers are my faves.

Back
Top Bottom