The Duck Thread

I have 2 Anconas...Molly & Wally... one Swedish drake, Dobby, and his special sweety, a Khaki Cambel...Luna
I raised Dobby and Luna from ducklings.... Here they all are in their new enclosed pen!
welcome-byc.gif
Very nice pen! Those are some lucky ducks
smile.png

Lmao! I just caught my feather-footed golden sea bright chicken on top of quackers (pekin)! He's so little he wasnt even in the right spot...he was on her bk! He's been tryin to hit chick pea too (CX)! It's too funny! They both just lay there and let him try! My poor girls need a boyfriend! Lol!

Pyxis, I say who cares about the breeds, so long as you love them :) I wish I could have geese here but I have to wait until I'm in a more rural area, as geese bite and can be loud.

So I can't remember if I said so, but my mallard hen gave up on her nest of chicken eggs. Guess who gets to clean up a nest of duds tonight? :/ Ew.....

Last edited:
They are still just as beautiful:)   (and I LOVE your avatar)

Thank you! And thanks, I took the picture this morning :) She was very curious about the camera today and posed nicely.

Pyxis, I say who cares about the breeds, so long as you love them :) I wish I could have geese here but I have to wait until I'm in a more rural area, as geese bite and can be loud.

So I can't remember if I said so, but my mallard hen gave up on her nest of chicken eggs. Guess who gets to clean up a nest of duds tonight? :/ Ew.....

Yep, I got them to keep Lacie company, and they do, so I don't care that they're hybrids :) You should definitely get some geese when you can, I absolutely love having mine. Sorry about the nest. I just had a broody hen abandon a nest of 18 eggs, so I get to clean that out later :sick

Thank you! And thanks, I took the picture this morning :) She was very curious about the camera today and posed nicely.

Yep, I got them to keep Lacie company, and they do, so I don't care that they're hybrids :) You should definitely get some geese when you can, I absolutely love having mine. Sorry about the nest. I just had a broody hen abandon a nest of 18 eggs, so I get to clean that out later :sick
wow, being a not at all knowledgeable person about chicken burds its always a delight for me to see something I've never seen before such as your all black chicken. She is gorgeous. Cute face too.

Back
Top Bottom