The Duck Thread

I'm going to be away from BYC for a good while and didn't want to just disappear without saying anything. I've disabled all my email notifications other than for PM, but you can PM me if you'd like my personal email address. I don't want to post it here since there are a lot of bots on the Internet that harvest Internet addresses.

Much, much love to all!
hugs.gif
sad.png
We will miss you.
hugs.gif

Last edited:
I'm going to be away from BYC for a good while and didn't want to just disappear without saying anything. I've disabled all my email notifications other than for PM, but you can PM me if you'd like my personal email address. I don't want to post it here since there are a lot of bots on the Internet that harvest Internet addresses.

Much, much love to all!  :hugs
Thank you Gina. I am appreciative of you letting us know. To echo Miss Lydia, we will miss you. Love and hugs.

Julie

Bye Jade! Thanks for all ur wisdom! I hope ur gonna be having fun on ur break! :)

We were able to sex ours by the noise they made..
The females quack and the drakes don't....they make a sort of rasping noise.
Hope that helps!

Yep! & from what ive read i think males have a tail feather that curls up towards their head! I was able to tell for sure that mine was a girl because when u touch the bk of her neck she drops to her chest and throws her bottom up in the air...males will try to get the females by the bk of the neck to breed with them! Girls r very noisy tho...they quack alot and very loud quacks!

We will miss you!

We are going to miss you :hugs

Awwww :(

JadeComputerGal, I never really "met" you, but I hope everything goes well for you on your break! Take care :)

Question: Has anyone here tried fermented feed for their ducks? We just got 550 lbs of fermenting barley for the chickens and DH gave a little to the ducks so they wouldn't feel left out. They turned their noses up at it. Lol! Muddy, poopy, what's-on-that food is great, but fermented feed is clearly out!

Back
Top Bottom