The Duck Thread

They are all so cute. And the one big girl is sooo adorable and looks super soft and snuggly. Are they just all anti-people?

Thank you. It's just my husband and me here and they are anti-us. They will come up to me when I have meal worms but I wish so badly to be able to hold one and cuddle it. I have two smaller Pekins, one didn't make the picture, and they don't seem to hate me as much but I still can't pet them
sad.png

Thank you.   It's just my husband and me here and they are anti-us.  They will come up to me when I have meal worms but I wish so badly to be able to hold one and cuddle it.  I have two smaller Pekins, one didn't make the picture, and they don't seem to hate me as much but I still can't pet them:(

My pekin doesn't like me to touch her either but she will come right up to me and eat out of whatever container i happen to be holding...she gets a little excited about eating so i havent tried feeding her from my hand...im afraid she will hurt me! Lol! But if u can manage to get ur hand on the bk of the females' neck, they will drop to their chest and throw their bottom up in the air and u can pick them up...at least thats what mine does & once ive got her in my arms she will let me love on her! She will run like crazy when I set her bk down tho! Lol! Usually my son picks her up...i really don't try to very often because i want her to trust me! My son likes to chase all my birds and catch em to love on em! I have to get onto him cuz its like hes torturing them...he gets em all in a frenzy but they seems to like the lovin once their caught! Haha! My duck loves tomatoes alot & just about any kind of fruit or veggie...the juicier the better!

Thank you.   It's just my husband and me here and they are anti-us.  They will come up to me when I have meal worms but I wish so badly to be able to hold one and cuddle it.  I have two smaller Pekins, one didn't make the picture, and they don't seem to hate me as much but I still can't pet them:(
oh no. Goofy things. I don't blame you for wanting to hold and snuggle them. It is torture having these adorable ducks that are soft, warm and squishy and you can't touch them.

These are my ducks that hate me, lol. One of my Pekin hens is bigger than my KC drake. I'm beginning to wonder if she is a jumbo??
Ooh, pretty! I love your mottled one. And I feel for you on the anti-people thing. My ducks are that way, too. If I step on a twig wrong they all run like it's the end of the world.

These are my ducks that hate me, lol. One of my Pekin hens is bigger than my KC drake. I'm beginning to wonder if she is a jumbo??
Your blue is gorgeous... the Pekin is just striking though! I dunno what it is, and usually I'm not a fan of the whites, but she just has that "je ne sais quoi"... :D ;)

My pekin doesn't like me to touch her either but she will come right up to me and eat out of whatever container i happen to be holding...she gets a little excited about eating so i havent tried feeding her from my hand...im afraid she will hurt me! Lol! But if u can manage to get ur hand on the bk of the females' neck, they will drop to their chest and throw their bottom up in the air and u can pick them up...at least thats what mine does & once ive got her in my arms she will let me love on her! She will run like crazy when I set her bk down tho! Lol! Usually my son picks her up...i really don't try to very often because i want her to trust me! My son likes to chase all my birds and catch em to love on em! I have to get onto him cuz its like hes torturing them...he gets em all in a frenzy but they seems to like the lovin once their caught! Haha! My duck loves tomatoes alot & just about any kind of fruit or veggie...the juicier the better!
Chasing can cause serious leg problems ducks are not made to run and the heavier they are the harder it is, This maybe fun for the child but not for the duck. I'd have a serious talk about chasing before someone is injured. Sometimes they don't recover and have to be put down. I'd hate for that to happen with your ducks.
Sitting quietly and offering treats is the best way to get them to come up to us. The way to a ducks heart is through it's tummy.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom