The Duck Thread

Hello! My fiancé just surprised me with some new additions to the flock: four adorable crested ducklings. I am aware of the lethal gene that creates this mutation, so these babies are just for showing / pets. I have a couple of quick questions!

1. I'm just now getting into showing... Can you show any color of crested duck? We have a blue bibbed, two magpie, and a white.

2. It'll be December when they're ready to go outside. We have a duck house and a fenced in run. We plan on slowly getting them used to the cold before just throwing them outside. Will they be fine as long as they have access to an enclosed shelter and we put straw on the ground?

Thanks guys! Here's the babies:

1. Dr. Doom (drake)

2. Afro Samurai (duck)

3. Ladybird (duck)

4. Flocksy Cleopatra (duck)

Thanks again!
What a sweet little surprise. They are very cute. Congratulations.

Oh my goodness, I am loving the baby pictures! So much fluffy cuteness :)

And I have duly noted that KC's are rather amorous little things, thank you. Thank goodness my Cayuga and Pekin drakes have been so mellow. I'm dreading Springtime because they will be getting separated for everyone's safety, regardless of how good they seem.

Last edited:
Even though I raised my KC and Swedish from babies, those two will waddle their cute butts as fast as they can when I try to come near...then stop and give me the adorable head tilted stare! They're too funny
1f605.png

Hello! My fiancé just surprised me with some new additions to the flock: four adorable crested ducklings. I am aware of the lethal gene that creates this mutation, so these babies are just for showing / pets. I have a couple of quick questions!

1. I'm just now getting into showing... Can you show any color of crested duck? We have a blue bibbed, two magpie, and a white.

2. It'll be December when they're ready to go outside. We have a duck house and a fenced in run. We plan on slowly getting them used to the cold before just throwing them outside. Will they be fine as long as they have access to an enclosed shelter and we put straw on the ground?

1. Dr. Doom (drake)

2. Afro Samurai (duck)

3. Ladybird (duck)

Thanks again!

Ok all of your babes are extremely adorable!!! But Afro is by far the mostes cutest thing ever!!!!!! I want me some!!!

1. Dr. Doom (drake)

2. Afro Samurai (duck)

3. Ladybird (duck)

Thanks again!

Ok all of your babes are extremely adorable!!! But Afro is by far the mostes cutest thing ever!!!!!! I want me some!!!
Adorably cute. Love Afro:)

Back
Top Bottom