The Duck Thread

Oh, yes. I truly am excited. It is amazing how much you can see of the child bird in the egg. So then are they breathing thru their noses in there? Or some other way like a mammal does in-utero?

And I can hardly wait to see the littles when they hatch. I know I'll cry but it will be for happiness. Esp cuz you are sharing this. Sweet little round loves. Thank you.

I think they get their oxygen in a kinda similar way as mammals, but through the shell... haven't looked up all that, lol... you can see the h3artbeat though, from right at the beginning... it is really awesome, and it is a pleasure to share as much as we can with you, Julie Bird... one day we will get you a weblet or 2... :D ;)

I think they get their oxygen in a kinda similar way as mammals, but through the shell... haven't looked up all that, lol... you can see the h3artbeat though, from right at the beginning... it is really awesome, and it is a pleasure to share as much as we can with you, Julie Bird... one day we will get you a weblet or 2... :D ;)
Oh, yes. Thank you. You just refreshed my memory. About the egg shell being permeable to oxygen. I had forgotten.

That melts my heart so much that you are able to see the baby's heartbeat when she's in the shell. So innocent and makes me happy.

And I really appreciate you sharing RavynFallen. It's fun learning new things in the experience too. You've shown me a recently fertilized egg and recently a baby duck in one. I understand mamallian pregnancy somewhat but never gave viable eggs any thought.

And, yeehaw to my own someday!!

@Julie Bird Day 18 Call candling pics... they refused to show webbys this time though...
hmm.png

This is same one that waved at you before...
smile.png

And these are Lady Greys...
woot.gif
Good to see that they are doing well.

Recieved my long awaited order of 10 ducklings from Metzer Farms yesterday. They were shipped through the holiday and as a result were in transit for 4 days! Needless to say - only 5 survived. 50% survival rate... Not so great. It was pretty devastating. They will replace them for me I'm sure, but I'm so nervous to ship ducklings again! Who else has shipped from Metzer? Is a 50% loss super rare? Has anyone experienced this? Should I trust another shipment? On the bright side... Here are some happy pics of the 5 that made it.

Soo cute! Sorry for the losses but glad to read Metzer is making good on your order.

All the new duck pics. Eeeeeeeeeeeeee. So cute. Ranger swimming in the sink. The 5 surviving babies. I am so sorry for the loss of the other 5. That is so sad. And duckling #3. Awesome. LOVE.....

X2

All of my ducks' eggs were infertile
sad.png
Day 11 all clear. KC drake with Pekins, Blue Swedish and Black Swedish. Tossed them and now I have 14 Welsh Harlequin eggs I bought on Ebay and 14 from my ducks in the bator. This is my second attempt at incubating duck eggs. I hope I at least to get two
fl.gif

All of my ducks' eggs were infertile:( Day 11 all clear.  KC drake with Pekins, Blue Swedish and Black Swedish. Tossed them and now I have 14 Welsh Harlequin eggs I bought on Ebay and 14 from my ducks in the bator.  This is my second attempt at incubating duck eggs.  I hope I at least to get two:fl
I hope you do too. Let us know how it goes.

All of my ducks' eggs were infertile
sad.png
Day 11 all clear. KC drake with Pekins, Blue Swedish and Black Swedish. Tossed them and now I have 14 Welsh Harlequin eggs I bought on Ebay and 14 from my ducks in the bator. This is my second attempt at incubating duck eggs. I hope I at least to get two
fl.gif
hugs.gif
I hope you do too! Keep us updated.

Back
Top Bottom