The Duck Thread

Heres a pic of my babies. The oldest duckling is a week old today
1f619.png
1f619.png

Congratulations! You did great! Perfect little fluffernutters!
2764.png
2764.png
2764.png

Not necessarily. Basics: dark room, very bright flashlight or light. Looking for movement right at the edge of where air cell meets dark area. Candle both ends too, when in doubt. Can also do a float test.... Warm water, does the egg move in the water? Float? Sink? Don't give up yet....

Its hard to tell when candling, everything is dark, does that mean they have died?

Quoted wrong one originally

Recieved my long awaited order of 10 ducklings from Metzer Farms yesterday. They were shipped through the holiday and as a result were in transit for 4 days! Needless to say - only 5 survived. 50% survival rate... Not so great. It was pretty devastating. They will replace them for me I'm sure, but I'm so nervous to ship ducklings again! Who else has shipped from Metzer? Is a 50% loss super rare? Has anyone experienced this? Should I trust another shipment? On the bright side... Here are some happy pics of the 5 that made it.
They are adorable! I have never ordered ducklings from a hatchery, sadly. Sorry for your losses. :hugs
Same here.

Back
Top Bottom