The Duck Thread

@Julie Bird
Loved it loved it loved it. Thank you for the tag, RavynFallen. The peeping is adorable. Io loves to pick at grasses. All of them are the cutest little duck bewrds. I am glad I got to see them in action. They are such sweet littles how they love to stick together. They are fast how they move about. And they are SQUEEEEEEEEEEE-lets!!!!!

OK - had to watch at it a few more times. What is it with the baby directly behind Io that sticks his web out in front of him and then stands up tall? Why? Is it to torture me with the cute action?

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I haven't posted in awhile and I hope this is the right thread for this, but I have a duck question! I have a 2 year old female Muscovy, she spends time with humans and even a dog every day but I think she is loning for duck friends. Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm not sure do I get babies, or adults? She's been the only duck for 2 years and she's slightly on the aggressive side so I'm partly concerned about her being mean and not wanting anything to do with them but at the same time I think being around other ducks might help her. Any similar experiences or advice would be appreciated!

Aww how pretty @awdaffy15 I'd get her some adults ducks don't take to ducklings very well unless their own. She'll most likely accept them given you introduce slowly over a week or more through some fencing. That way new ducks on the block and your resident girls get a chance to get to know each other real well before coming together physically. and there will still have to be pecking order worked out but it shouldn't be harmful. If you decide to add a drake make sure to get at least 2 more ducks to add along with him that way he'll have yours and 2 more for mating and hopefully none of the girls will get over abused. Once you get your ducks post back and we'll help you through the intro part. Your Scovy makes me think so mouch of my Hope she is blue and white too and her dd is Dolly she is also blue and white. Lovely female you have. They really do enjoy the company of other ducks. Maybe you can find some more Scovy's
smile.png

Loved it loved it loved it.  Thank you for the tag, RavynFallen.  The peeping is adorable.  Io loves to pick at grasses.  All of them are the cutest little duck bewrds. I am glad I got to see them in action.  They are such sweet littles how they love to stick together.  They are fast how they move about.  And they are SQUEEEEEEEEEEE-lets!!!!!

OK - had to watch at it a few more times.  What is it with the baby directly behind Io that sticks his web out in front of him and then stands up tall?  Why?  Is it to torture me with the cute action?

You said you could only image the cute sounds they make... so just had to let you hear them yourself... glad you enjoyed it... the little one was trying to look over the grass cuz the world just got HUGE, lol...

Io continues to amaze us... takes to new arrivals like a duck to water... :D ;)

3 day old snuggling up...

You said you could only image the cute sounds they make... so just had to let you hear them yourself... glad you enjoyed it... the little one was trying to look over the grass cuz the world just got HUGE, lol...

Io continues to amaze us... takes to new arrivals like a duck to water...
big_smile.png
wink.png

3 day old snuggling up...
Oh gEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEz. Io and her teensy snuggle buddy on her right. Look at his little downward turned face. And then the other two just right there. It honestly doesn't get any cuter than that. I swear if I were holding that 4some in my hands, there'd be lots of kissing on their little heads. Io's face is cute. Precious.

Yes, the sounds, the peeping was wonderful. I love it.

I am loving the pictures you are putting up. And I have to confess I save them to my phone so that I can look at them all later.

I am duck nuts.

Oh gEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEz.  Io and her teensy snuggle buddy on her right.  Look at his little downward turned face.  And then the other two just right there.  It honestly doesn't get any cuter than that.  I swear if I were holding that 4some in my hands, there'd be lots of kissing on their little heads.  Io's face is cute.  Precious.

Yes, the sounds, the peeping was wonderful.  I love it. 

I am loving the pictures you are putting up.  And I have to confess I save them to my phone so that I can look at them all later.  

I am duck nuts.

Save away with the pics... you know I post them for you anyways... just happy to share and glad you enjoy them... :) :hugs

Hello all! My little crested babies are a month old now, and they are SUPER chubby and fluffy and adorable
love.gif
We've been raising them in our living room, so they're the friendliest little babies ever. Here's baby Afro, the smallest of the four:

You can feel pin feathers under their down, and they have feathers on their butts... two are slightly older than the others and they have some feathers on their bellies. I've been putting them outside when it's not too cold, but my question is this: will pointing a fan at them help them grow in their feathers more quickly? These babies are getting HUGE and I'm due to have my first human baby on January 4th.... it would be nice to speed the process along
tongue.png

Thanks!!!
love.gif
I love that tuft!!!

Save away with the pics... you know I post them for you anyways... just happy to share and glad you enjoy them...
smile.png
hugs.gif
Yippee, thank you. I totally will. I am stoked you post them for me. Seeing them triggers feel good brain chemicals. I do appreciate it very much. It's wonderful. Little squeeze-lets.

Back
Top Bottom