The Duck Thread

I really really think DUCKS are really really cute.

And YOU, my friend, are going to have your own some day.... I can just feel it!
big_smile.png

We
love.gif
you, Julie Bird!!
hugs.gif

x2!!!
hugs.gif
love.gif

It is a dog kennel. The ducks were given to me because my nephew had too many and thought I would enjoy them. I have enjoyed them but would like to add to my 2 hens. I am concerned that if something happens to one of them the other will be lonely so....I was going to add a few. They are only in the pen at night, during the day they have 10+ acres with a pond to play in.
I use a 10X10' dog kennel attached to a 24 sq. ft duck hut. The ducks are locked in their at night and have free range of my large yard during the day. Works just fine for my 10 runners and 1 Pekin. However I really am over the limit and wouldn't add more ducks without increasing pen size and adding another quacker box. So if the 10X10' pen is ONLY a night pen I wouldn't worry overly much. But if they lived full time in there it'd be rather cramped.

Derpy and Farkle... Best friends.

And Princess Mac (mate is Prince Cheese)
Thought snow was to cold and wanted to be picked up

Our ducklings are getting to big for the brooder :/ they are almost 3 months old and fully feathered. We took the heat lamp out 2-3 weeks ago. The temp in the basement is about 53*. What is the next step to the coop? There is a heat lamp on 24/7 in the coop. I dont know what the temp in the coop is but its warmer than the outside temp. We are in Northern Michigan and temps are mid teens for lows and 20-35* for daytime highs. Thanks for any advice.

Our ducklings are getting to big for the brooder :/ they are almost 3 months old and fully feathered. We took the heat lamp out 2-3 weeks ago. The temp in the basement is about 53*. What is the next step to the coop? There is a heat lamp on 24/7 in the coop. I dont know what the temp in the coop is but its warmer than the outside temp. We are in Northern Michigan and temps are mid teens for lows and 20-35* for daytime highs. Thanks for any advice.

Put them outside during the day for a week or so, then move them out permanently... personally, fully feathered I don't use heat lamps, just deep dry bedding and they're doing just fine...

Back
Top Bottom