The Duck Thread

Omg!
A couple of weeks ago one of the cats found a mouse. It was still alive so I scooped it into a cup and tossed if outside.
One of the dicks ran over and ate it. Whole.
To save the mouse from a cat to see a duck eat it was very unexpected lol
Quote: I have heard and read that ducks will eat about any thing and every thing. Small slakes and mice and frogs.

Omg!
A couple of weeks ago one of the cats found a mouse. It was still alive so I scooped it into a cup and tossed if outside.
One of the dicks ran over and ate it. Whole.
To save the mouse from a cat to see a duck eat it was very unexpected lol
I found a dead mouse in the duck pen about a month ago. It wasn't eaten, but I can't figure how it died unless they killed it! Didn't know that ducks killed mice. Frogs yes, but NOT mice. Way to go ducks! Mice have caused a LOT of damage on our cars getting under the hood and chewing wires and AC venting. I had seen a mouse under their pool when I moved it I guess he got too close. Poor mouse, that must have been terrible, they only way they can kill it is by squeezing it in their beak!

I was wondering if I were to incubate my duck eggs if once they hatch I can put them with my current ducks and they'll just treat them like their own ducklings? My mom wants more ducks xD and I want to incubate eggs instead of buying ducklings. I know some stuff about it but does anyone have some advise?

I was wondering if I were to incubate my duck eggs if once they hatch I can put them with my current ducks and they'll just treat them like their own ducklings? My mom wants more ducks xD and I want to incubate eggs instead of buying ducklings. I know some stuff about it but does anyone have some advise?
No, they will not treat ducklings nicely and can kill them. Do not plan to put them in with your current ducks till they are full grown and the same size. You will also need to introduce them slowly and preferably with a fence at first so they can't touch but can see each other. Once they aren't set on attacking one another then you can move to slow supervised time together. That goes for any ducklings or new ducks added to a flock. If you just put them all together the old ducks will see them as an outsider and chase/attack them.

Back
Top Bottom