The Duck Thread

I will be getting ducklings next week. I was going to get pine shavings but I see that there are two types. One is fine pine shavings and the other is flake pine shavings. Which would be best?

Thanks!

I will be getting ducklings next week.  I was going to get pine shavings but I see that there are two types.  One is fine pine shavings and the other is flake pine shavings.  Which would be best?

Thanks!

We just use regular shavings and they work pretty well.

I will be getting ducklings next week.  I was going to get pine shavings but I see that there are two types.  One is fine pine shavings and the other is flake pine shavings.  Which would be best?

Thanks!
Flake, fine is like saw dust. You want the biggest flakes possible for duckling in case the sample them.

Great!
[/quote

No matter what you do they will attempt to eat it, they will kick it everywhere, get it in their water and pretty much make a downright mess and somehow it will end up in your house. Best to use the shavings as opposed to dust. I do however put tomato dust down in the houses before I put the shavings to keep bugs away ]

Back
Top Bottom