The Duck Thread

@Lamaremybabies , my buff hen did this last week, except that she went in pretty often to sit on them. Because I didn't want her to go broody yet, I didn't give her any eggs and she gave up, but I know that if she would have had eggs she would have become broody. I hope your hen starts to sit!

Yeah she doesn't go in unless it's bed time once she's out in the morning she's out for the day.

Button brooding in her volcano nest!!
This is brooding, in spring, in Maine!!

So funny. Definitely looks warm!
ya.gif
Can't wait to see baby pictures!
jumpy.gif

Sometime around/after April 16..... I've got 36 in the bator, she's on ten and there's two more broodies in the duck house cobrooding another clutch of around15. All due around the same time!!
You are going to overcome with ducklings. But, look on the bright side, you will only have 36 to raise yourself. The broodies will take care of their share.
gig.gif

You are going to overcome with ducklings. But, look on the bright side, you will only have 36 to raise yourself. The broodies will take care of their share.:gig

I'm gonna be sneaking lings under mommas as their babies hatch!!! Lol!!!

In all seriousness, most of them are already sold as day olds!! Ducklings are cute, but I love my grownups!!

Back
Top Bottom