The Duck Thread

For us right at the moment I can't get harness intell July. We our months away. I don't have a heart to ethinze them like my vet said with a breeding issue. I love them all so much we have a lot of hens. I worry cutting Spurs will not protect them from cats strays coming and going from property line. I don't have the heart giving them up either. We don't have another area at moment. And nothing can be done to correct it tell after July. We need to save the house.first

Please understand, I'm not trying to be mean when I say this....
You must deal with your roosters. It is your responsibility to make sure your animals are safe. All of them. You say you don't have the heart to rehome or euthanize. The other side of that is your are allowing your hens to be abused and tortured by the roosters. That is not ok. You brought these animals to your home, and by your posts, you keep getting more..... You MUST do the responsible and humane thing and deal with the problem. What are you going to do if you become overrun drakes and roos, continue to allow this? For the sake of these helpless animals, that you keep collecting, deal with this.

please pray for her my 7 roosters same age for some reason went crazy on breeding and storms and 4 hens got hurt. But this one real bad she with my baby's at the moment. She needs the heat lamp right know. To warm her up.she got wet and cold and hurt. She couldn't walk right out side. Partner brought her in and sprayed her down with medicine. She doing really well with baby's . He was going to put her with my middle pekins but there a little rougher and it's a smaller space. Other three our in house with my eggers.
Sending prayers up
hugs.gif

Seven roosters? How many hens do you have? Unless you are a breeder or have a particular fondness for fertilized eggs there is no reason for you to have roosters at all. And even then, one rooster can take care of 15-20 hens with no problem at all. And the hens will be much happier.

You may want to consider getting rid of some, if not all, of you roosters.
X2

For us right at the moment I can't get harness intell July. We our months away. I don't have a heart to ethinze them like my vet said with a breeding issue. I love them all so much we have a lot of hens. I worry cutting Spurs will not protect them from cats strays coming and going from property line. I don't have the heart giving them up either. We don't have another area at moment. And nothing can be done to correct it tell after July. We need to save the house.first
You really need to do something. I know it's hard but you are very fortunate to not have had a problem before now. At least put saddles on all of your hens. Helmets too
smile.png

Please understand, I'm not trying to be mean when I say this....
You must deal with your roosters. It is your responsibility to make sure your animals are safe. All of them. You say you don't have the heart to rehome or euthanize. The other side of that is your are allowing your hens to be abused and tortured by the roosters. That is not ok. You brought these animals to your home, and by your posts, you keep getting more..... You MUST do the responsible and humane thing and deal with the problem. What are you going to do if you become overrun drakes and roos, continue to allow this? For the sake of these helpless animals, that you keep collecting, deal with this.
X2 @tracyjg we know you love your birds. It shows in all of your posts that you are devoted and very caring. You have a good heart but sometimes we think more of ourselves then we do the actual animals in our care. Please consider getting rid of some roosters for their sake, your hens sake and all of them will be much happier.

I can't . We our maxed out.on all coops. I will figure something out. I have to save my house right now. Or none of us will have any place to live. I'll try and go out and find wood people have through out. It's raining . There ok right know.

The incubator on stand by at the moment for my ducks. We did a large hatch these time and failed. We knew it would take all summer in trying to fix things around here. So we will go with plan b finish putting crops in. No more chickens.

We. Have a friend taking all chicken eggs. From know tell we can get control again. Her income will pay for feed and what we will need basics.

Chickens hens got clean in epic salt warm water.vetericyn poultry care. Sierra sage 100% natural green goo animal first aid salve.sierra sage 100% all natural arnica soothes aches pains and bruises. Mupirocin ointment usp 2% vet strenght.we had left over for dogs we get it all the time. For there allergies and cuts. Antibiotics .

Back
Top Bottom