The Duck Thread

I recently got these ducklings and the place I got them from didn't know the breed. I'm thinking Anconas or Magpies? How do you tell the difference between those two breeds?
welcome-byc.gif
Sorry, I don't have a clue but they sure are cuties!

autopsy on those eggs shrink wrap badly membrane stuck to an eye. What appeared to me to be mold. 6 had ducks in them under developed in them 1 real bad. 5 almost there. One was like I first incubated them. A few eggs had blood and vains no duck. Yolk green and black goo. I praying the ones outside with ducks our good. They will not leave both nests.

Sometimes there to quick.fast. They have no reasoning to think that the baby will drown. It's your job to make sure they don't drown. I had a brand new chicken only a few hrs old die in the water dish. I went to change the ducks over to the other coop but took 5 mins to put something away in my hands so I could grab the older ones. Or get hurt drake and other females around. Sometimes pets get injured in the process or sick. It's our job to protect or little ones.

I can't wait to pick up our ducklings when they come into the farm store on thu or fri.. then waiting for runner ducks to hatch on May 14th. I am a newbie to ducks so if you think there is a thread I 'must' read please tell me... I have tried to hit the threads on here but afraid I missed something important. I know about needing niacin and ordered some brewers yeast that should be here in time. Any other "must" know facts??

Back
Top Bottom