The Duck Thread

Don't your other ducks ever have it? Unless you have a more exotic hybrid, you don't really have to worry about mutations. 

No, the other 15 ducks don't have it, or if they do its nowhere near as pronounced. Even his brother doesn't have it! He's just a runner x Saxony, that's pretty plain I would imagine lol
1f60a.png

Sorry to bother everyone i need helo with my 2 month old pet duck. He started throwing his neck back to where he completly flips on his back we thought he was chocking since he wasnt quacking either but didnt see anything. After about 2 hours he stopped doing it, only does it when we turn off the lights. Can anyone help please!
I'm not sure what it is but research 'star gazing' and see if it describes what you are seeing. It's caused by a lack of Vitamin B1. Good luck, I hope your duck is ok.

I'm not sure what it is but research 'star gazing' and see if it describes what you are seeing.  It's caused by a lack of Vitamin B1.  Good luck, I hope your duck is ok.
thanks ill look it up now. He is doing much better and acting his normal self, defiantly gave us a scare last night

Yes, most people think if mallards as the wild birds and not pets when a lot of people actually keep them.
I can see yours are mallards not rouens because of their eye stripes. Rouen will have 2 think eye stripes while mallards have 1 eye stripe. Good luck with your babies!

Thanks!! I know more about my chickens than ducks, this is a learning experience for me! I just have the two pekin ducks that I got from someone who couldn't keep them.
They are already learning who I am, it's so cute!

Would you insulate a man door going into your duck house? The duck doors won't be insulated so that's why I'm wondering if it's worth the hassle? Thank you

Back
Top Bottom