The Duck Thread

Here we go again...

I don't feel good and just do not have the energy for this today and I don't think she does either. She hasn't moved an inch since I put her in the tubten minutes ago. But it has to be done. Do it for the ducks...

hugs.gif
Poor duck, and poor you! I hope this situation will quickly take a turn for the better!
Reminds me of when one of my chickens had prolapse and she had to soak in the tub every day. That was not fun. I can't imagine having to treat bumblefoot, though. Be proud of yourself, for being a good duck-owner.
Hang in there; you can do it!

One of Dory's ducklings hatched! A gorgeous little Runner/Buff! I had to assist it because it pipped on the wrong end then didn't make progress for over 26 hours, but its veins had dried up and the yolk was in so it is doing great! I'm hoping the rest will have hatched in the morning, then I'll take pics!

@PotatoWaffles , I know its hard to treat bumblefoot, and it can take a while, but with some patience it is possible to treat! Just try to enjoy the treatment if you can, with James (my african goose) bumblefoot soaks I get to spend some nice time with him.
hugs.gif

Awwww bumble foot sounds awful, in all the years I've kept ducks I've never experienced bumble foot. Mine are usually extremely healthy. Never had a problem. Good Luck with your duck!!!!
2 of my male pekins (DJ Quack, and Farkle) in the yard :) perfect scenery isn't it?

Last edited:
One of Dory's ducklings hatched! A gorgeous little Runner/Buff! I had to assist it because it pipped on the wrong end then didn't make progress for over 26 hours, but its veins had dried up and the yolk was in so it is doing great! I'm hoping the rest will have hatched in the morning, then I'll take pics! 

@PotatoWaffles
, I know its hard to treat bumblefoot, and it can take a while, but with some patience it is possible to treat! Just try to enjoy the treatment if you can, with James (my african goose) bumblefoot soaks I get to spend some nice time with him. :hugs

Oh CONGRATS!!!! I want pics! I'm hoping hoping hoping next year since I have more females that my boys will like them ;) though the ladies are still lings now so I have to wait till next year.

Awwww bumble foot sounds awful, in all the years I've kept ducks I've never experienced bumble foot. Mine are usually extremely healthy. Never had a problem. Good Luck with your duck!!!!
2 of my male pekins (DJ Quack, and Farkle) in the yard
smile.png
perfect scenery isn't it?
How do you get good pictures of your ducks? Mine turn their backs on the camera the instant I push the button!
he.gif
Probably about 1% are any good.
Very nice-looking drakes; makes me want a Pekin (and an Aylesbury, and an Ancona, and a Magpie, and a Swedish, and .... you get the idea.)

I'll take some sometime today!
yesss.gif
pop.gif

Well we will see if theses works or not. It maybe to big. We took a doggy door extra large and its old but still in box. We never got around to putting it up .so I laid it next to the door way of dog house. It doesn't exactly fit like it should. I will see if partners able to put screws in it and make it fit a little better for birds

How do you get good pictures of your ducks? Mine turn their backs on the camera the instant I push the button! :he  Probably about 1% are any good.
Very nice-looking drakes; makes me want a Pekin (and an Aylesbury, and an Ancona, and a Magpie, and a Swedish, and .... you get the idea.)

:yesss: :pop

I drop on the ground find a good angle and wait XD seriously, everyday I'm covered in stuff from taking pictures!!!
Thank you, they are nice looking drakes, a Jumbo and regular.
Here they are again....

The Rouen boys, Freddie and Gibby

Becky and Holly

Becky again

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom