The Duck Thread

Question....
I have 14 8 week old runners. They have been sharing there space with my old man Henry. Together but separate. Henry is still being a *** to the new guys/girls. When they are in the run he is in the coop. When they are in the coop. He is in the run. My question is how much longer do you think they need to stay like this? I want him so bad to be part of the new flock. I call him uncle Henry but he is such a ***** still.

Last edited:

This is Henry

Hi guys quick question! I have 4 1 years old ducks I take their eggs from them so no ducklings...Iam how ever of one day having ducklings...can the ducklings live with the adults? Do I have to feed my ducks any vitamins to have healthy ducklings? Will my mom ducks take care of their ducklings all but themselves?

Hi guys quick question! I have 4 1 years old ducks I take their eggs from them so no ducklings...Iam how ever of one day having ducklings...can the ducklings live with the adults? Do I have to feed my ducks any vitamins to have healthy ducklings? Will my mom ducks take care of their ducklings all but themselves?

If there is no boy duck (drake) there will be no ducklings.

I have a question we got our ducks send in the mail basically they were pretty small..they are now 1 year old can they fly? How do I know? They've tried to lift but never get anywhere so I think they can't..do breeders clip their wings ealry

I have a question we got our ducks send in the mail basically they were pretty small..they are now 1 year old can they fly? How do I know? They've tried to lift but never get anywhere so I think they can't..do breeders clip their wings ealry

No your ducks are to big to fly. Don't worry. Unless you have mallards, or calls, they can't get very far off the ground.

It really depends on what breed of duck you have if it can fly or not. I have runners and pekins and they cannot fly at all. I did have a mallard a few years back and he could fly. If you got your ducks when they were young chances are they did not have their wings clipped.

Back
Top Bottom