The Duck Thread

Oh, I feel for you. My husband was really great but it DIDN'T go as smoothly as the video did. I am sure the people in the next county could hear her screaming, I am sure they thought I was slaughtering her!! LOL I did a pretty sloppy job and it turned out okay. This little girl was so P***** that she tried to bite my husband! We used that vet tape. It stayed on for 6 days. I was really surprised! She carries that one wing a little funny but it is up against her body. The only time you can really notice it is when she gets wet, you can see the feathers on the end of the wing are a little off. The one that had angel wing is the back left, the bad wing was on the left. Good luck! M
Hi, what kind of ducks are these. they are beautiful.

Hi. No my heart is still full of tears. When my husband gets home i will be better. He drives a big truck. He will be home Tuesday he thinks. I need his arms around me more then anything right now. How are you today? Howse your ducks?:frow

Oh, I feel for you. My husband was really great but it DIDN'T go as smoothly as the video did. I am sure the people in the next county could hear her screaming, I am sure they thought I was slaughtering her!! LOL I did a pretty sloppy job and it turned out okay.

This little girl was so P***** that she tried to bite my husband! We used that vet tape. It stayed on for 6 days. I was really surprised!

She carries that one wing a little funny but it is up against her body. The only time you can really notice it is when she gets wet, you can see the feathers on the end of the wing are a little off.

The one that had angel wing is the back left, the bad wing was on the left.

Good luck!
M
OMG, I missed these pictures earlier, sorry. WOW you did great!
thumbsup.gif
I hope mine turn out that well
fl.gif

Hi. No my heart is still full of tears. When my husband gets home i will be better. He drives a big truck. He will be home Tuesday he thinks. I need his arms around me more then anything right now. How are you today? Howse your ducks?
frow.gif
hugs.gif
I have relatives in Little Rock that used to drive trucks. If you have relatives in Texas,,,, we could be related
big_smile.png

OMG, I missed these pictures earlier, sorry.  WOW you did great! :thumbsup I hope mine turn out that well:fl

:hugs I have relatives in Little Rock that used to drive trucks.  If you have relatives in Texas,,,, we could be related:D  
we have only been in Arkansas for 4 years. We moved here from Missouri. Dont think i have family in Texas.

Hi. No my heart is still full of tears. When my husband gets home i will be better. He drives a big truck. He will be home Tuesday he thinks. I need his arms around me more then anything right now. How are you today? Howse your ducks?:frow

Yes, our husbands arms are so warm and comforting... hope he gets home soon. in the meantime here is a hug from me...:hugs
I am doing well, I miss my little buff duckling that i lost a week ago... i burried her in my garden.
our church had a fishing derby today and it turned out so nice. the kids had fun and won prizes and the food and fellowship was wonderful. thanks for asking. All 34 of my ducks are doing well, the ducks have getting a break from the drakes for the past 3 days, although my buff drakes always seems to find a way to where the ladies are, and i dont want them cross breeding, so i have to keep an eye on him. I have indian runners, buff O's and Pekins, oh a 2 blue swedes. they keep me very, very busy. thanks for asking.
i bet your ducklings are keeping you very busy also, huh?
take care, TTYL

Theyre all doing fine. The squished baby was just resting after hatching. There are six totak so far, with one egg that may yet hatch. One black, two silver and three goldens. Their mothers are wildtype mallards and their fathers could either be a mallard, a welsh harlequin or a mallard/runner cross. I know the mallard/runner drake is really fond of their mallard mothers, so he is more than likely the father.

Very angry broody mamas. They are positively ferocious!

I'm very sorry for the loss of your duck. It's so hard to lose a beloved pet. And the way you found him makes it all the worse. I hope your husband gets home soon so you can feel better. Sending virtual hugs your way.

Guess whose eggs started hatching last night?? Double broody mallard sisters successfully hatched their first clutch
1f606.png

Woohoo! Congrats!

Hi. No my heart is still full of tears. When my husband gets home i will be better. He drives a big truck. He will be home Tuesday he thinks. I need his arms around me more then anything right now. How are you today? Howse your ducks?
frow.gif
Praying for you. This must be hard.
hugs.gif

Theyre all doing fine. The squished baby was just resting after hatching. There are six totak so far, with one egg that may yet hatch. One black, two silver and three goldens. Their mothers are wildtype mallards and their fathers could either be a mallard, a welsh harlequin or a mallard/runner cross. I know the mallard/runner drake is really fond of their mallard mothers, so he is more than likely the father.

Very angry broody mamas. They are positively ferocious!
Awww they are sooooooo cute!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom