The Duck Thread

Sorry we missed this earlier.

Hydrogen Peroxide is a debriding agent.  Use it to remove dead, damaged, or infected tissue to improve the healing potential of the remaining healthy tissue for the first couple of cleanings only.  If she stops eating or becomes sluggish I would then take her to a Vet. 

PS. Hydrogen Peroxide is great for getting blood out of clothing.  Keep us posted.  Wishing her a speedy recovery.
Her feathers seems to be getting back into place def no bleeding and lots of dry blood around her wounds..she stays in the pool
Most of the day right now drinking water and such..she hasn't wanted much of the poultry feed but I have been feeding her her fave snack ,corn, and hasn't said no to that at all...she seems ok so far def doesn't seem to be getting worse so far

Her feathers seems to be getting back into place def no bleeding and lots of dry blood around her wounds..she stays in the pool
Most of the day right now drinking water and such..she hasn't wanted much of the poultry feed but I have been feeding her her fave snack ,corn, and hasn't said no to that at all...she seems ok so far def doesn't seem to be getting worse so far
Happy to hear she is doing OK. Did you find out what it was that bit her?

Happy to hear she is doing OK.  Did you find out what it was that bit her?
No. I have not but the day after that attack something came in and took one of my other females...I saw my ducks minutes before and I know she didn't wondered off without the rest so it must have been something big that just picked her up..we found her today in the morning next door unfortunelty she passed:( now I know that something has found an easy mean and keeping a much more vigilant eye on them...I believe it was a cayote

No. I have not but the day after that attack something came in and took one of my other females...I saw my ducks minutes before and I know she didn't wondered off without the rest so it must have been something big that just picked her up..we found her today in the morning next door unfortunelty she passed:( now I know that something has found an easy mean and keeping a much more vigilant eye on them...I believe it was a cayote
OOOO no, sorry for your loss
hugs.gif
You are right, it is on to an easy meal and will be back. Definitely keep them penned up and secure until you get whatever it is.

oh no so sorry to read this. :(

Final count is seven babies. Three silver, three goldens and one black. It kills me that I can't cuddle them but their moms are doing a great job so far
smile.png
love.gif
I know the feeling. It's KILLING me that I can sit right there with Blanche and watch her babies hatch. She wants to eat me alive.

yes 14 runners
Cool! That's alot, at least to me, cause I only have six! Runners are pretty good in the heat, I hear.

celebrate.gif
so happy they are well and congratulations on the lings!
x2!!!!!

I have been seeing that Las Vegas was hot. We are about 91 in Central Texas. Ducks are finding a lot of shade.
Whoa! That's toasty! It's been in the 50s here for the past few days. I like this weather!

hit.gif
hugs.gif
So sorry :(

Final count is seven babies. Three silver, three goldens and one black. It kills me that I can't cuddle them but their moms are doing a great job so far
smile.png
Awww how cute! You can't hold them?! I would die!

Yes they sat together and hatched together. The eggs were never without someone sitting on them because they would take their breaks at different times. These two are sisters that weregiven to us last summer as orphans after their mom was hit by a car. The owner didn't have the means to care for ducklings so they begged us to take them. We brooded them in the house, and now they're inseparable, as you can clearly see lol.
That is just the coolest. Ducks are awesome! I'm betting the father is my mallard/runner cross. They hung out together all the time. He's been quite lonely without them lol.
poor daddy duck... so you only have the 2 ducks & 1 drake, well adult ducks, and 6 ducklings, now. im sure daddy duck will have a son or 2 to hang out with soon. are you going to keep them all? i have 37 ducks and some in the incubator. i sold some ducks and then i bought more a few weeks ago when all the feed stores were selling them. i had 4 ducks sit and hatch 17 ducklings a few weeks ago. they keep me very busy.
have fun w/your lings

Back
Top Bottom