The Duck Thread

Wouldn't that be just AWESOME, lol.  I can pretty much tell when he's going to go so when I see it coming I could put him on the toilet until he gets the idea.  The thing is, I don't think HE knows when it's going to happen:D

We looked at the wound today and couldn't find it because of his feathers.  My DH and I do not work well together in these situations.  All I could manage was to find a 'crusty' spot and told him to spray there.  I ended up with purple fingers and no pictures.  Keeping him in again tonight and will soak him tomorrow and then look for it when his feathers are all wet and can be easily moved out of the way.  Wish me luck:fl And pray that we don't end up in divorce court:lol: OR WORSE:lau I won't mention that scenario on account of premeditation charges, lol:gig

I think there are a few instances when any judge would let a wife walk. Taking care of an injured animal and hanging wallpaper together! :lau

Oh you poor thing.
lol.png
Best thing to do is get a substitute to take DH's place.
tongue.png

On a side note, maybe you should have clipped the feathers around the wound so you could treat it better. See what you find tomorrow and maybe you can still clip if it isn't closed up. Clipping also helps keep feathers from being closed up in the wound.
Good idea,, lol

I never did find an opening as in a cut wound. It just ripped skin and feathers off. I was thinking now the feathers will hide the bare spot so 'others' won't see it until new feathers come in. I don't have a substitute for tomorrow so any decisions need to be made BEFORE we go in, lol. To trim or not to trim, hummmm
big_smile.png

I think there are a few instances when any judge would let a wife walk. Taking care of an injured animal and hanging wallpaper together!
lau.gif
yuckyuck.gif
for real!

I would love to have a duck in the house - I think!
lol.png
Hope he's going to be ok!
Thank you. He's healing well. I think short bouts of recovery time in the house is enough for me. WAY too much cleaning up and I have feathers all over the house now, lol.

@Miss Lydia Fred says thank you for all of the advice.

He blends in with the shower curtain, lol
Have you noticed a new sign on the door that says" Fred's Room" Keep out DH? He is so cute sitting up there but lid is suppose to be up if going to potty train. lol

Only way to see what is going on with his wound is to get those feathers out of the way. whether you clip or just wet him then look you need to make sure it looks good and isn't oozing or anything. Be sure to cover with Swat before putting him outside if the area still looks wet to keep the flies off of him.

My drake comes in once in a while to visit, I keep the paper towels and clean up spray handy. He comes in more in off season [when mating season is over] He thinks he is one of the dogs. Has his own bed etc bowl for his morning dog food.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom