The Duck Thread

No, I didn't... haven't gotten notifications for 4 days now...
hmm.png
Hummm, I did an @ several and no one replied. Must be a site issue. I will see if they replied to me yesterday asking how it was doing and if they still need help I will PM you the link.

Things have changed on the website. I used to go into the subscriptions tab to get my new posts. The page used to be very simple one liners, now you have to wade through the information. The only option it gives you to see the posts is "your last post" or it tells you what the person that last posted to that thread said. Is anyone else having problems with the site? Or is is just me??
idunno.gif
Now guys, knowing my fight with computers, the problem could be between the keyboard and the chair! LOL

Mandy
th.gif
The 'your last post' is the only option I know of.

My babies are getting so big!

love.gif

I haven't done a duckling update in a while, you can see they have grown a ton! In the first picture their mom Dory is on the right. One of the them, the duckling in the second picture is quacking, and the duckling in the fourth picture is sounding like a drake, but the other two still seem to be peeping. Is it possible at 6 weeks that they are females and just haven't quacked yet?

I haven't done a duckling update in a while, you can see they have grown a ton! In the first picture their mom Dory is on the right. One of the them, the duckling in the second picture is quacking, and the duckling in the fourth picture is sounding like a drake, but the other two still seem to be peeping. Is it possible at 6 weeks that they are females and just haven't quacked yet?

Beautiful! What breed are they again?

They sure are growing fast! Is that Fin in the last picture?

Beautiful! What breed are they again?
Thank you! 2 of them are half Buff Orpington/Mallard, and the other two are half F & W Runner/Buff Orpington. You can probably see which are which, the half runners stand pretty tall.

They sure are growing fast! Is that Fin in the last picture?
Yeah, amazingly fast! Yep, that's him. I can't believe how handsome he is!

I have a muscovy hen, and she REFUSES to roost. I'm guessing some lower roosts so if they fall it won't be far. (my hen falls off every time she tries to roost) But I am no expert at all.
-Liv

I have a question: why does my Runner come over to me and stand there "bowing" quickly again and again? I thought she was trying to scare me away but when they scare the chickens away they put their head down and run, but that's not what she's doing with me.
My ducks (all hens) do that motion right before they try to "mate" with each other. Maybe she likes you! Lol
Mandy

Is this normal. I was outside watching my ducks eat there evening snack and one of the males was beside me and he was cleaning and all that and the next thing I new his boy ducky part (penis) came out and hit the ground. I didn't know ducks did that like Bulls, horses, dogs and all them other boys that just let it hang out like that. ;) ;)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom