The Duck Thread

Looks like they might be Swedish... 1 blue and one black... adorable!! :love
x2, ditto they r so cute. I have 2 blue swedes, just like t/1 on/t left, duh, huh?
ETA:

Last edited:
So Sugar's eggs aren't going to hatch :( They were late so I candled and they were both very late quitters. They had tiny air cells so somehow the humidity was actually too high for them.

I want to get her ducklings - has anyone given a broody duck ducklings before? Is it the same type of thing as giving a broody chicken chicks?

So Sugar's eggs aren't going to hatch :( They were late so I candled and they were both very late quitters. They had tiny air cells so somehow the humidity was actually too high for them.

I want to get her ducklings - has anyone given a broody duck ducklings before? Is it the same type of thing as giving a broody chicken chicks?

Oh, so sorry! Poor Sugar... :(

I dunno about a duck broody... always heard they're much harder to get to adopt... something about the bonding time from internal pip to hatch? :confused:

Oh, so sorry! Poor Sugar... :(

I dunno about a duck broody... always heard they're much harder to get to adopt... something about the bonding time from internal pip to hatch? :confused:

my paddling of ducks consist of babies from 3 different families, 2 sweedish, a week younger set of 3 mallards, and one mallard 2 weeks behind that from different parents. BUT as there was never an adult duck for any of them they all just got along. I do not know what would have happened if there had been adult duck supervision

I am looking to re-home 4 of my 9 week old ducks/ducklings: 2 Pekin females. 1rouen male. 1cayuga male. My husband had "had it" and this makes me so sad - they are lovely ducks ~ so incredibly friendly. But, marriage wins over ducks. If you are in the minneapolis area, please contact me if you will give them a good home. I have an incredible duck pen for sale that can go with them for pennies on the dollar. I just really want to make sure that they are safe, and well taken care of.

Back
Top Bottom