The Duck Thread

Can anyone get their ducks in a better row than this???
We walked in on em this way...I hope I can train em to do this on command...lol.

TeamKelBoMorrison...

Can anyone get their ducks in a better row than this???
We walked in on em this way...I hope I can train em to do this on command...lol.

TeamKelBoMorrison...

While that is adorably cute, they look like they might be a tad warm? Might try moving them away from the heat light some more... just a thought... :)

While that is adorably cute, they look like they might be a tad warm? Might try moving them away from the heat light some more... just a thought... :)
Thanks and that's what I thought until they moved around rite under the light...I'm not sure wat the deal was. Our house duck Lucky usually lays beside them up against the pen. So I'm thinking they were looking g for him the way they were all facing the door.

TeamKelBoMorrison

We've been getting some good rains here in Texas. My heart goes out to those in LA and MS that are flooded. Our re-dug duck pond has filled up:weee
is your beautiful pond lined? i want one. then i would not have to clean and fill and clean and fill and did i say clean and fill all my pools. i have, or should i say my ducks have 3-50 gal and 2-15 gal pools. w/t heat lately, they get green in a day. ugghhh but i love my ducks.

Awwwh precious!

X2  I've never had to give oral medication but peas are the way I would go.  Mine LOVE peas.

So the liquid med is a struggle but we are making it. He is about as stubborn as can be tho and pretty much is refusing any treat I try to stuff the little pill in
1f641.png
Watermelon went well the first two try's (ran out) then peach went fine the next time and last two tries have been fails ugh! Guess I have to cut up more watermelon and hope he takes it still.
Good news though is that his leg is looking less swollen and he is using it a little more everytime we go see him. Refusing the pill tho is going to damper that
1f615.png

So the liquid med is a struggle but we are making it. He is about as stubborn as can be tho and pretty much is refusing any treat I try to stuff the little pill in
1f641.png
Watermelon went well the first two try's (ran out) then peach went fine the next time and last two tries have been fails ugh! Guess I have to cut up more watermelon and hope he takes it still.
Good news though is that his leg is looking less swollen and he is using it a little more everytime we go see him. Refusing the pill tho is going to damper that
1f615.png
Have you tried crushing the pill and adding it into a mush meal? taking some feed and making mush out of it adding the pill just enough mush that he'll eat in one sitting? maybe adding some mashed peas to the mix. Might be worth a try. I use warm water.@EmilyP

Last edited:
Have you tried crushing the pill and adding it into a mush meal? taking some feed and making mush out of it adding the pill just enough mush that he'll eat in one sitting? maybe adding some  mashed peas to the mix. Might be worth a try. I use warm water.@EmilyP

I will try that tonight. I scooped the peach soaked pill out with meal worms just now and he took that with pleasure. He won't eat peas out of my hand but if they sink to the bottom of their pool he loves to get those.

Back
Top Bottom