The Duck Thread

I'm so excited ya'll. I ordered my ducklings. I got 2 female rouens, 1 female blue swedish and one of those golden 300 hybrids. I'm going to make this one a companion for my special needs duck. :) they are the last and my little flock will be complete. :)

Thanks! I understand about not letting my guard down. I feel sorry for the ducks but they are safe in their pen. They will stay there until this animal is caught.it has already gotten 5 hopefully I can keep it from getting the last 2.
Today is the first day they have shown any desire to get out. They have been very traumatized by this.
I am sure they have been. Lost their flock and almost another one gotten.. So happy the preds didn't get any one else so those 2 can have each other.

Bless their hearts.. As long as your close by hopefully they will be safe. this is what I do when mine go out I sit out with them and keep watch over them. Sometimes it's 2x a day some time only 1X just depends on what I have to do.

I am sure they have been. Lost their flock and almost another one gotten.. So happy the preds didn't get any one else so those 2 can have each other. 

Bless their hearts.. As long as your close by hopefully they will be safe.  this is what I do when mine go out I sit out with them and keep watch over them. Sometimes it's 2x a day some time only 1X just depends on what I have to do.

I'm afraid if i let them out I won't be able to get them put up again. we moved the trap, hopefully we'll get a hit. Thanks!
And...2 of the ducks were taken while i was close by. After losing 5 I am very protective of these 2.

I'm afraid if i let them out I won't be able to get them put up again. we moved the trap, hopefully we'll get a hit. Thanks!
And...2 of the ducks were taken while i was close by. After losing 5 I am very protective of these 2.
I am sure you are.
hugs.gif

I'm not having good luck lately :( I let my three week old ducklings out for the first time today. I went into the house for not ten minutes and the geese started going crazy. I ran outside to find a raven in the run with the ducklings attacking them. It went after their heads, and instead of just killing one and eating it, it went after both of them. One was pretty much dead by the time I got out there and died as I was carrying it into the house. The other has a very bad wound. I've cleaned it out, put neosporin on it, and wrapped it up with vet wrap. I've also given the little thing aspirin for the pain. I hope that it heals up fine but it is a very bad wound. The little thing is up and moving around (and calling for her dead sister). They're tough little things for sure. So everyone keep your fingers crossed for her.

I'm not having good luck lately :( I let my three week old ducklings out for the first time today. I went into the house for not ten minutes and the geese started going crazy. I ran outside to find a raven in the run with the ducklings attacking them. It went after their heads, and instead of just killing one and eating it, it went after both of them. One was pretty much dead by the time I got out there and died as I was carrying it into the house. The other has a very bad wound. I've cleaned it out, put neosporin on it, and wrapped it up with vet wrap. I've also given the little thing aspirin for the pain. I hope that it heals up fine but it is a very bad wound. The little thing is up and moving around (and calling for her dead sister). They're tough little things for sure. So everyone keep your fingers crossed for her.

Geez you have had the worst luck lately. I'm so sorry. I'll say a little prayer that the hurt one will pull through. Thank goodness for guard geese. :)

I'm not having good luck lately
sad.png
I let my three week old ducklings out for the first time today. I went into the house for not ten minutes and the geese started going crazy. I ran outside to find a raven in the run with the ducklings attacking them. It went after their heads, and instead of just killing one and eating it, it went after both of them. One was pretty much dead by the time I got out there and died as I was carrying it into the house. The other has a very bad wound. I've cleaned it out, put neosporin on it, and wrapped it up with vet wrap. I've also given the little thing aspirin for the pain. I hope that it heals up fine but it is a very bad wound. The little thing is up and moving around (and calling for her dead sister). They're tough little things for sure. So everyone keep your fingers crossed for her.
I am so sorry to hear that. But, that is all it takes, just a second when you step away or turn your back. We have had an owl that is very interested in our 12 year old Pomeranian lately when we let the dogs out at night to do their business. So, we now have to go out and stay with them until she is done. And, of course, she has to sniff every blade of grass in the yard.

Our geese and our dogs keep the flying predators away from our chickens and ducks...so far...and hopefully they will continue.

Hope the little injured one get better. Give it something to cuddle with (a stuffed toy) and a mirror to see another duckling and think it is not as alone.

I'm not having good luck lately
sad.png
I let my three week old ducklings out for the first time today. I went into the house for not ten minutes and the geese started going crazy. I ran outside to find a raven in the run with the ducklings attacking them. It went after their heads, and instead of just killing one and eating it, it went after both of them. One was pretty much dead by the time I got out there and died as I was carrying it into the house. The other has a very bad wound. I've cleaned it out, put neosporin on it, and wrapped it up with vet wrap. I've also given the little thing aspirin for the pain. I hope that it heals up fine but it is a very bad wound. The little thing is up and moving around (and calling for her dead sister). They're tough little things for sure. So everyone keep your fingers crossed for her.
hugs.gif
Prayers the little one pulls through.

Oh, no!!!! :hit :hugs

Back
Top Bottom