The Duck Thread

I'm not having good luck lately :( I let my three week old ducklings out for the first time today. I went into the house for not ten minutes and the geese started going crazy. I ran outside to find a raven in the run with the ducklings attacking them. It went after their heads, and instead of just killing one and eating it, it went after both of them. One was pretty much dead by the time I got out there and died as I was carrying it into the house. The other has a very bad wound. I've cleaned it out, put neosporin on it, and wrapped it up with vet wrap. I've also given the little thing aspirin for the pain. I hope that it heals up fine but it is a very bad wound. The little thing is up and moving around (and calling for her dead sister). They're tough little things for sure. So everyone keep your fingers crossed for her.

:hugs :fl

guys is this egg rotten? It is the only one that its shell is changing color and getting patchy

@Pyxis
   how's the lil one doing today? 

Sorry I didn't answer yesterday! She's hanging in there. Unfortunately the side of her face that was wounded has swelled up so one of her eyes is swelled shut. There is also some odd structure that has been exposed by the wound that I hope won't impede healing. I'm putting DermaCleanse on the wound twice a day and giving aspirin for the pain and the swelling. She is up and eating and drinking so :fl If she makes it she's going to need a really good name.

Sorry I didn't answer yesterday! She's hanging in there. Unfortunately the side of her face that was wounded has swelled up so one of her eyes is swelled shut. There is also some odd structure that has been exposed by the wound that I hope won't impede healing. I'm putting DermaCleanse on the wound twice a day and giving aspirin for the pain and the swelling. She is up and eating and drinking so
fl.gif
If she makes it she's going to need a really good name.
How about "Miracle"
I sure hope she pulls through. They really are amazing what they can over come. Eating and drinking are always good signs too.

Back
Top Bottom