The Duck Thread

Wow what a mess up. Umm they are 21weeks and 6 days old today. No idea where I got 31 days yesterday.
1f914.png
1f632.png

@Miss Lydia , I have a question. I read that you can use Vetericyn spray for bumble foot. It says to soak the feet in Epsom salts first then spray on the Vetericyn. Do you know anything about this for ducks?

Thanks!
Mandy

Last edited:
@Miss Lydia , I have a question. I read that you can use Vetericyn spray for bumble foot. It says to soak the feed in Epsom salts first then spray on the Vetericyn. Do you know anything about this for ducks?

Thanks!
Mandy
You can try it @MandyJ It probably will work better after you get the scab off that is where the clear iodine comes in it helps to soften the scab for easy removal and bring the bumble up to the surface. I use Veterycin alot but haven't used it to actually treat the bumble before i get the scab off.

You can try it @MandyJ It probably will work better after you get the scab off that is where the clear iodine comes in it helps to soften the scab for easy removal and bring the bumble up to the surface. I use Veterycin alot but haven't used it to actually treat the bumble before i get the scab off.
OK thanks!
Mandy

@Miss Lydia Is this the same as "white iodine" or decolored iodine?
Thanks!

So little ducky's wound has healed up really nicely. There's still a scab but a lot of the wound has already healed and has new skin. Today she and her guinea keet pals moved out of the house into a secure pen in my ayam cemani coop, where my other ducks currently reside (really need to actually get them moved into the duck house, lol). So now they all have more room and she can start bonding with her future flock mates. Now I just need to come up with a name! If I just keep calling her Little Ducky it's going to stick.

Back
Top Bottom