The Duck Thread

had a swede lay black eggs
1f62e.png
My Swedish (she's gone now
sad.png
) layed a mottled black egg. They were very small, at least compared to the Pekin.

this was before about 2 weeks ago and after soaking it in warm Epison salt every day since this is what it looks like today. I was able to remove the calus. It doesn't look like it would be bumblefoot as there was no puss or any foreign object in there. The leg is still pretty swollen. Any idea?

Our pekin we thought had bumblefoot too and I did the same cleaned off the callus but nothing came out. Soaked him and cleaned it etc. foot seemed to get better but his hock kept getting more and more swollen and "knotty" finally took him to the vet and a month and $300+ later he has a staph infection in the hock. Don't know what caused it but she's not sure he can break it down on his own. He's on twice a day antibiotic and an anti inflammatory/pain med. if possible I would try to take him to the vet sooner rather than later and have them aspirate and culture. I wish we had done it sooner and it wouldn't have gotten so bad. The next step if he can't break it down out be to sedate him and clean the infection out of the joint which we are very against. Fingers crossed that the antibiotics work for him!!!

Back
Top Bottom