The Duck Thread

It should not be a big issue for her - her calcium levels may be low and if she has been straining she risks prolapse.

I would dissolve half a 250 mg tablet of calcium citrate and add that to some treats (like frozen peas), and give the other half with treats in the morning.

What is her diet?

Okay.
I don't have that, would calcium powder work?

All my ducks eat Purina Flock Raiser, and I give them greens once in awhile.

Okay.
I don't have that, would calcium powder work?

All my ducks eat Purina Flock Raiser, and I give them greens once in awhile.
What does the calcium powder say on the container? do you also offer Oyster shell? Oyster shell needs to be used for layers if using Flock raiser. Placed close to feed so they use as needed.

Some of my Runner girls just need extra calcium, even though I feed layer. If the calcium powder is a nutritional supplement, that seems it should be okay. I am not a vet, but I have used calcium gluconate liquid, and was given neocalglucon prescription at times as well. So yes, if you can give her calcium supplement, I would, about 100 mg twice a day.

I actually open 3 calcium citrate capsules a couple times a week and add to my ducks drinking water for the day. So maybe offer her some peas with the calcium mixed into it with a little warm water. or add to their drinking water.

Okay I will give her the calcium with some peas.
She is still in the tub, and nothing has changed.
sad.png
Okay how do you feel about lubing her? you can use coconut oil or KY jelly or Vaseline. where exactly is the egg? Can you see it or feel it?If you can get some oil like Coconut oil around the inside of her vent she may be able to lay it, But you have to be so very careful not to break the egg. Is there anyone there who can help?

Back
Top Bottom