The Duck Thread

fl.gif

I hope you find your ducks! I have nothing to add medical-wise, seems Amiga and MissLydia have said everything. Keep us updated!
hugs.gif
Thank you. Will do.

Hope your ducks improve quickly with the flush.

Haven't been on in a while and wanted to post an updated photo of my trio that hatch Sept 10. We have a drake and two hens. Still haven't figured out what they are. The eggs were sold to me as Pekin. Pinky, Tiny and Deuce are friendly and are now breeding. They have learned their names and follow me like puppies when not in their pen. The goat tank is their temporary tub until they move permanently in to the garden with their coop and house. There is a slight brownish under tone in their feathers now.

Here they are much younger when we thought they might be a Cayuga cross.

My guess is Runner X Pekin.

Pekins crossed with darker ducks can have bibs.

And @Ren2014, I feel your girls are hiding, since they know something is not right. More prayers.

Last edited:
Hope your ducks improve quickly with the flush.

Haven't been on in a while and wanted to post an updated photo of my trio that hatch Sept 10. We have a drake and two hens. Still haven't figured out what they are. The eggs were sold to me as Pekin. Pinky, Tiny and Deuce are friendly and are now breeding. They have learned their names and follow me like puppies when not in their pen. The goat tank is their temporary tub until they move permanently in to the garden with their coop and house. There is a slight brownish under tone in their feathers now.
Thank you.

What a beautiful green head. Can't miss that for a drake, lol. Black Swedish X is my guess.
My guess is Runner X Pekin.

Pekins crossed with darker ducks can have bibs.

And @Ren2014, I feel your girls are hiding, since they know something is not right. More prayers.
I bet you are right. I scared one to death trying to catch her. She was able to fly off so no telling where she's hiding. Thank you.

I've got a problem.... some of my girls started with a limp this week that looked like the leg was bending oddly. Not using their legs at all today. Feet turn under and going backwards. I've got two in sick bay now. No visible trauma. No pain when/or any reaction to me moving and feeling the legs. These are the girls that go to the big tank. All I can think is they must be eating something over there that is not good.
I'm going to start searching here and google. Please share your thoughts. Thanks all.

Update.... going to flush now THANK YOU @Miss Lydia
Epsom Salt Flush:
3 Tsp. Epsom Salts.
1 ½ Cups water
¼ – ½ gram vitamin and electrolyte powder * Optional
2 – 3 times a day for 3 days or until a full recovery is made.
Flush??! Is this for drinking? I thought Epsom salts would give them diarrhea.

Flush??! Is this for drinking? I thought Epsom salts would give them diarrhea.
When one believes the duck has ingested a poison or toxin, one strategy is to move the contents of the digestive tract out as soon as possible. Laxatives help do that.

One also needs to provide support to prevent dehydration and electrolyte imbalance, and a charcoal slurry follows to absorb toxins that may not have been flushed.

When one believes the duck has ingested a poison or toxin, one strategy is to move the contents of the digestive tract out as soon as possible. Laxatives help do that.

One also needs to provide support to prevent dehydration and electrolyte imbalance, and a charcoal slurry follows to absorb toxins that may not have been flushed.
Please, How do you make these "flushes"? Sounds like I need to keep these instructions on hand! Ducks eat ANYTHING!!!!
M

Back
Top Bottom