The Duck Thread

Thanks! We just got them this weekend. We went for 1 Muscovy and by the end of the weekend had all three, on frizzle bantam rooster, and three bantam hens. We inherited 5 ducks and 8 chickens when we moved in October and will have close to 50 birds by end of summer lol.
Awe, 50 burds. Cool. IT's not your fault that they are all so cute no matter what the type of burd.

Yes - good eye! That is Zori, means luck in Basque. He's such a good boy. So gentle with the birds....can totally trust him to be alone with flock. His only fault ? He's an egg thief!
wink.png
Love the name. I've got two puppies now 'in training.' I swear they can smell an egg 100 yds away
barnie.gif

Quote: I'm certain they will enjoy a day or two or three... off without the boys
big_smile.png

Gees, last weekend it was Botulism... this weekend RATTLESNAKE,
barnie.gif
Under the barn where I think 3 girls are nesting. It was the saddest thing, after we got the snake out... a mama came out carrying an egg
sad.png

Botulism update:
patient #1 is being discharged from sick bay today
wee.gif

patient #2 has regained use of one leg and some of the other
patient #3 never progressed to full paralysis and is still flying back and forth. She is limping on one.

I gave up on looking for patient #4. She either got better or disapeared.

barnie.gif
Under the barn where I think 3 girls are nesting. It was the saddest thing, after we got the snake out... a mama came out carrying an egg
sad.png

Botulism update:
wee.gif

patient #3 never progressed to full paralysis and is still flying back and forth. She is limping on one.

WHAT is this about Rattle snake???@Ren2014

WHAT is this about Rattle snake???@Ren2014
A big FAT one. It was sitting right inside the hole the ducks were using to go in and out
barnie.gif
Just the other day, my niece and I were on the ground looking in with a flashlight to see how many girls were under there.

barnie.gif
sad.png

Botulism update:
wee.gif

Yikes!!! I can't imagine how scary that is!
ep.gif

Oh my gosh how scary. Everyone okay I hope everyone but the snake.
All with feathers are fine
smile.png

Yikes!!! I can't imagine how scary that is!
ep.gif
The scariest one was the end of last year. It was dark and the thing was right in my path coming BACK from the duck pen
sad.png
Who knows how long it was out there. And just last night I was walking in the dark. NEVER again
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom