The Duck Thread

From this
(Couple days)

To this.
(Almost three weeks.)

hi, I've had ducks for a few years and I've just recently started having health problems. We brought her in because she wasn't walking and thought she had bumlefoot but while trying to treat her we noticed this hole under her beak. Any suggestions on what it might be? I'm clueless and desperate for help!

Here's Allie. She can't fly for 2 reasons: Her wings are a bit shorter (see how they don't quite reach her tail feathers like the other ducks. Probably more important, at treat time, while the other ducks naturally forage for the dumped treats, she subscribes to the "here's the hole, just dump them in" philosophy.
I LOVE it! LOL, and I thought my Pekins were porkers when it comes to meal worms
smile.png

From this
(Couple days)

To this.
(Almost three weeks.)
Isn't it just AMAZING! Still a cutie though!

Wow! At least mine was a 5 min fix. No one was hurt but my Queen Muscovy was not happy lol.
So glad all are safe. 5 min/ 5 dollar fix vs. @MandyJ
ep.gif
smile.png

hi, I've had ducks for a few years and I've just recently started having health problems. We brought her in because she wasn't walking and thought she had bumlefoot but while trying to treat her we noticed this hole under her beak. Any suggestions on what it might be? I'm clueless and desperate for help!
@17halter it's hard to see it real well but could it be an injury or an attack by a predator. Does it look infected? You could clean it by rinsing in some warm salt water then pack it with some triple antibiotic or neosporin with out pain relief. Does it go all the way through into her mouth and is there anything on the top part?

What did you find out about her not walking does she have bumblefoot?

Hi there! I am new here, I have 2 ducks that are mallard crosses.
They are about 7 months old now! I am unsure of their sex though, any help with that would be great. I have been told they are both females, but who knows!
Here they are from ducklings to now. I am used to raising chickens, so this was a little different, and much more messy lol! Their personalities are fantastic though.
big_smile.png
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom