The Duck Thread

Poor baby. So far my dogs have been good with chicks and I'd like them to get along but itd only take a second to go wrong so I've been a little over protective lol.

Puppy.

Poor guy!
barnie.gif
I was afraid of that.

Aww how sad
sad.png
Oh my gosh @Ren2014 that looks like puppy got to rough. Poor baby.
Poor baby. So far my dogs have been good with chicks and I'd like them to get along but itd only take a second to go wrong so I've been a little over protective lol.
sad.png
hit.gif
poor duck baby! Tell us how (s)He turns out!
Thank you everyone. She is doing well. Seems to be just pulled feathers that she was just getting.

Since there have been at least 2 dog incidents very recently in these circles and with spring coming on and many people considering starting a new flock / adding to their existing flock, I wanted to point out a survey that was put up in pests and predators back in 2009 with nearly 4300 respondents since:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/261440/the-worst-predator

Dog is #2 after Raccoon. We like to think of our pets all getting along together but the fact is that if a dog is not well trained to specifically protect fowl, they probably think they are chew toys by nature. Dogs are good protectors, but also predators. If the dogs don't actively protect, I personally wouldn't trust them unsupervised near my fowl. It is also worth noting that man is #5 on this list and they are very good at figuring out latches, locks and even electric fences.

Back
Top Bottom