The Duck Thread

Thank you so much and good because I'm excited but nervous. I just bought a combo with electrolytes and grow gel. How often should I use it 3 times a month?

Thank you so much and good because I'm excited but nervous. I just bought a combo with electrolytes and grow gel. How often should I use it 3 times a month?
@alyssa770 hatcheries usually put grow gel inside the shipping box before shipping out their poultry so the lil ones have something to eat while on their way to their new home.[you have to ask for it though and it is added to the bill same as heat pac. I have seen it for sale at TSC but don't really see a need for it after you get them home because your going to be introducing them to their feed. Electrolytes I'd put into their water the first day for sure then every other day for their first week after that 1X a week but when it's really hot outside they can also benefit from electrolytes in their drinking water just like we can.

DH says we do and I did check her feet when she came to shore for any wounds and she didn't have any.
@EmilyP this time of year we see sad posts of ducks with feet bit off duckling being eaten goslings too, so you might want to research you tube on how to rid your pond of snapping turtles. There is even a you tube vid on a snapping turtle attacking a duck, I couldn't watch it but it's there if you want to see what one can do to our birds.

@EmilyP this time of year we see sad posts of ducks with feet bit off duckling being eaten goslings too, so you might want to research you tube on how to rid your pond of snapping turtles.  There is even a you tube vid on a snapping turtle attacking a duck, I couldn't watch it but it's there if you want to see what one can do to our birds. 
Great advice, Patti. I could never watch that video either. Poor sweet ducks.

this is awsome nest wish we had thought ours thru better i really like your!

Thanks! I put a lot of thought into it! They tried setting 3 times last year with no luck! They had dug a hole in the coop floor and used hay to build them a nest but I had 2 girls trying to set on the same nest & my boy kept getting in it trying to score some easy booty so the eggs would get knocked out of the nest or crushed...also had a snake get in the nest a couple of times (I killed both snakes b4 they ate any eggs tho) so this time I wanted it to be safer for them & a little more private too so they don't have to get so stressed out....hopefully this will do the trick!!
I used scrap wood from job sites (my man is a roofer-bonus!), the wire was leftover from rabbit cages built yrs ago & the curtains r recycled feed bags so the only thing I actually spent money on was the screws & staples! I'm gonna try to put it in the coop today when I get bk home! I hope they like it! I think they will tho!

im sure they will i had 1 mama duck make a nest in the feed shed ( which was ok with me she was safe at night, just closed the door) then had one layed some eggs in the duck house a chicken got in there and layed an egg, unfortunatly thats the only egg that hatched, then i found another duck has made a nest in the turkey coop and the turkey is in the dog kennel in the duck cop sitting,ha ha my poultry is so confused lol!

Back
Top Bottom