The Duck Thread

Julie bird, the last two popped out about two hours ago. I got 9 total.

celebrate.gif
woot.gif

Congratulations!

Hi.
I have a question. One of my ducks has laid some eggs next to our fence. So far I have found two eggs. It I do leave them and some more eggs join the group do you think one of the gals is thinking of making a nest? If she does, she would be out in the open at night and I don't want that. Would it be a bad thing if I moved the eggs into a nice straw filled dog crate in the same location?

Thanks.

Today was a lovely day out, so I moved all the duckies out of winter pasture!
woot.gif

They are sooooo happy to be on some new grass!
However...underneath my raised platforms I found an egg. I knew it was gonna happen...at least its only one
Im concerned (ok, pretty darn sure) that its rotten. And I know that those things can go off at the slightest touch. Anyone got any tips for removal? I though about a controlled detonation with an airsoft gun, but that would contaminate the area. And I know I really need one of those robo bomb disarmers, but the state bomb squad wont let me borrow it!!
barnie.gif
Thats tax dollars people!!
And Im also kinda stuck, because the longest pole I have is about 6 feet. I have 8 foot 2x4s, Im not sure those are the best though.
Guess Im might just have to pick it up with my hands tomorrow (gasp)
If i disappear, y'all know what happened to me! Off to write my will now...

^^ that post was mainly for reader enjoyment.
tongue2.gif
I think I have a good chance of survival
big_smile.png
Though if anyone has any tips, please let me know. Thanks!

Last edited:
woot.gif

However...underneath my raised platforms I found an egg. I knew it was gonna happen...at least its only one
Im concerned (ok, pretty darn sure) that its rotten. And I know that those things can go off at the slightest touch. Anyone got any tips for removal? I though about a controlled detonation with an airsoft gun, but that would contaminate the area. And I know I really need one of those robo bomb disarmers, but the state bomb squad wont let me borrow it!!
barnie.gif
And Im also kinda stuck, because the longest pole I have is about 6 feet. I have 8 foot 2x4s, Im not sure those are the best though.

tongue2.gif
big_smile.png

Lacrosse stick?

Hi.
I have a question. One of my ducks has laid some eggs next to our fence. So far I have found two eggs. It I do leave them and some more eggs join the group do you think one of the gals is thinking of making a nest? If she does, she would be out in the open at night and I don't want that. Would it be a bad thing if I moved the eggs into a nice straw filled dog crate in the same location?

Thanks.
Don't leave her in the open and up next to a fence over night, your asking for raccoons or other preds to reach in and try to pull her through which will not be nice to see come morning, or they will just go over top and take her out. She needs a safe place inside their house where she has some privacy a piece of plywood laid up against the wall and secured can help then place her eggs under so she see them this will encourage her to lay inside where she will be safe. and her eggs also. @Y-Knot

woot.gif

barnie.gif

tongue2.gif
big_smile.png
Be sure to cover said egg before removing or they may have to call the decontamination squad out.

Back
Top Bottom