The Duck Thread

My ducklings are going on six and seven weeks and going by voices and bill coloring, my ENTIRE batch of six week olds are girls.
th.gif
Four of them, one Pekin, three blue Swedes. Giving me a grand total of six girls and four drakes. Which means if no one dies I'll have twelve female ducks in my flock. That's not counting the nine I just hatched or the ones going into lockdown tomorrow.

Oh and pics of the Swedes.
No bib.

Ok bib though its blotchy and there's too much on the back of her neck, under her chin and on her face.

Under bibbed and it goes to the back of her neck and her head, looks like her mama.
Beautiful ladies!!! Are they full blue swedes or are they mixed?

Beautiful ladies!!! Are they full blue swedes or are they mixed? 

:)

I'm 90% sure they're full, they could be part Pekin but they're much smaller than my other Pekin Swedes crosses nor do they have as much color as my Pekin Swedish crosses.

Not the best quality though, their parents are hatchery stock.

Last edited:
My ducklings are going on six and seven weeks and going by voices and bill coloring, my ENTIRE batch of six week olds are girls. :th Four of them, one Pekin, three blue Swedes. Giving me a grand total of six girls and four drakes. Which means if no one dies I'll have twelve female ducks in my flock. That's not counting the nine I just hatched or the ones going into lockdown tomorrow.

Oh and pics of the Swedes.
No bib.

Ok bib though its blotchy and there's too much on the back of her neck, under her chin and on her face.

Under bibbed and it goes to the back of her neck and her head, looks like her mama.
I'm at a loss for wordz. For once. Hmmm. They are cute. They are soft and they just muffin top over your hand. Wow.

Hey guys! I'm having some problems with my Saxony drake. He's about three and has developed angel wing. The female doesn't have it though. He always gets wet when he swims and I fear he has Wet Feather disease. What should I do, and what's wrong with him? :( He doesn't really like to walk, and has patchy plumage...

Hey guys! I'm having some problems with my Saxony drake. He's about three and has developed angel wing. The female doesn't have it though. He always gets wet when he swims and I fear he has Wet Feather disease. What should I do, and what's wrong with him?
sad.png
He doesn't really like to walk, and has patchy plumage...

Can you post a pic? Are you sure he isn't molting?

Bills v Beaks:

Thank you, you know me too well. Loved the bitty burb.

I checked out your profile pic. She is very photogenic
1f607.png
I'm on mobile so the format's different. I also went to the Saxony link you put up. So is your pic Heidi or Gertrude? Saxonies are so cute. Very unique. Over the various threads I've only seen girls and I saw your boys. Beautiful!!
Ok, this is the one I put as my wallpaper

Both of them are of Heidi. She loves to have her photo taken, and I try to be fair and have different pictures of my birds, but yesterday I got such cute ones I couldnt help it :D

Back
Top Bottom