The Duck Thread

Does any body know what age i can give my ducklings feeder fish? They are two weeks old on Tuesday and they LOVE to dive in their bathtub for peas and small cut up pieces of carrot lol I have 1 welsh and 2 pekins and their beaks are certainly big enough to eat a feeder fish

Does any body know what age i can give my ducklings feeder fish? They are two weeks old on Tuesday and they LOVE to dive in their bathtub for peas and small cut up pieces of carrot lol I have 1 welsh and 2 pekins and their beaks are certainly big enough to eat a feeder fish
Well I guess if the fish aren't too large they could have them BUT any time they eat anything other than their chick feed they need chick grit. They don't have teeth to chew with so they relay on grit to grind up their food. Chick feed is made so ducklings chicks etc don't need grit but anything else they do. Even peas and tiny bits of carrot. Put a small bowl of chick grit out close to their reg feed.[not in their feed] they will use the grit as they need it. and remember treats are just that and shouldn't be given so much they don't have room for their main feed.

Well I guess if the fish aren't too large they could have them BUT any time they eat anything other than their chick feed they need chick grit. They don't have teeth to chew with so they relay on grit to grind up their food.  Chick feed is made so ducklings chicks etc don't need grit but anything else they do. Even peas and tiny bits of carrot. Put a small bowl of chick grit out close to their reg feed.[not in their feed] they will use the grit as they need it. and remember treats are just that and shouldn't be given so much they don't have room for their main feed.
Okay thank you! Don't worry I've had a bowl of grit in the brooder since day one
1f60a.png

Last edited:
Hey all! I have a Saxony duck, who I would like to take to the park. I found a Valhoma Mesh Chicken Harness - Hot Pink - Rooster online. Will this work? It is size medium and is said to fit a rooster. It is also an adjustable harness. It is around $17. Please let me know if this would be good to get her.

a61a14b7-1e91-49f6-9fd4-e369bd74aa7e_1.cbf7fc714b28ae9a18d777ff98f5966e.jpeg
The park where there are other water fowl? I sure wouldn't not with bird flu in the USA, It isn't safe to take out birds around wild water fowl even when there isn't bird flu. Cute harness though .

We've got 1 adorable little fluffy duckling!!!!! More to come
1f91e.png
1f91e.png
I'm very interested in her coloring. Will post a pic but her mom is WH and dad is either mallard or Pekin. Her colors don't match any of them tho!

Back
Top Bottom