The Duck Thread

Weird!!!
When i let my 1 week old ducklings for a bath and dried them under the sun, they're very clean then until i put them back in the brooder, a lot of poop and smelly and wet @.@" as same as when i have the Appleyard as my 1st duckling, when i get it out of the brooder to play and do some activities with me and sleep together it's clean and has scent but when i put it back to the brooder .... omg. Can anybody tell me why?
I have to go to school everyday and back home at 5pm so i cant get them out of the brooder but if i let them in, im afraid that they will sick cus of wet brooder :( i changed the hay + paper 4 a days but it dont help and im really tired :(

Last edited:
Weird!!!
When i let my 1 week old ducklings for a bath and dried them under the sun, they're very clean then until i put them back in the brooder, a lot of poop and smelly and wet @.@" as same as when i have the Appleyard as my 1st duckling, when i get it out of the brooder to play and do some activities with me and sleep together it's clean and has scent but when i put it back to the brooder .... omg. Can anybody tell me why?
I have to go to school everyday and back home at 5pm so i cant get them out of the brooder but if i let them in, im afraid that they will sick cus of wet brooder :( i changed the hay + paper 4 a days but it dont help and im really tired :(

Do you have something the water is on to catch the splashes? Theres lots of diy ones one here. This is mine

Not the best pick but I took a cheap lasagna pan from walmart and half inch mesh that is in gardening center. Cut mesh to fit with 1 1/2 overhang and folded all of the edges over to make it fit snuggly over pan. Covered edges witb duck tape. It should keep water from getting everywhere. I haven't used it yet but lots of people use similar ones on here.

I checked a couple of them out and will do checking into more. Just can't find anyone else selling East Indie ducklings...

Got a letter from country hatchery they cancelled my Muscovy duckling order I've had in since Christmas for may ):
Have you tried Johnson's waterfowl or metzers both carry lots of breeds. You can also go on efowl and search they are kinda like MPC but show ya what's available at different hatcheries so you can order thru them or directly from hatchery.

Last edited:
Do you have something the water is on to catch the splashes? Theres lots of diy ones one here. This is mine

Not the best pick but I took a cheap lasagna pan from walmart and half inch mesh that is in gardening center. Cut mesh to fit with 1 1/2 overhang and folded all of the edges over to make it fit snuggly over pan. Covered edges witb duck tape. It should keep water from getting everywhere. I haven't used it yet but lots of people use similar ones on here.

Nice set up. Only wish you had lings to put in

Back
Top Bottom