The Duck Thread

Yep! The East Indies and snowy mallards. And my kids were home this morning and we were finally able to follow my wayward mallard so should be able to collect eggs and get rid of nest. Do I need to set something on it?

Found her! She has been sitting on nest from 9ish am till dark last 4 days. Then she comes home and sleeps locked up in pen. Is she actually broody? Can I move her, nest, and eggs into dog crate? Or just take eggs and get rid of nest. I'm cool with her hatching them just not across the road.....

Found her! She has been sitting on nest from 9ish am till dark last 4 days. Then she comes home and sleeps locked up in pen. Is she actually broody? Can I move her, nest, and eggs into dog crate? Or just take eggs and get rid of nest. I'm cool with her hatching them just not across the road.....
Get as much of the nest along with the eggs and give it a try. She isn't full broody yet if she isn't staying on them full time 24/7 . Try to make the place she had her nest very unpleasant so she doesn't go again.

Thank you! Sometimes, I do see a little bit of clear fluid from his nose, and breathing in which is slightly heavy and you can hear... Should I be worried?:(
Clear fluid could just be water. How is he otherwise eating good doing all things drakes do this time of year? which is mating every chance he gets. lol

Thanks! Im heading out of town tomorrow unfortunately so I have to depend on hubby with babies and animals. Hes more then capable but after what it took to get them/find her I'm really hoping everyone is good till I get back.

Please don't think badly of me but they sent the order again... and its actually almost here!!!! It should go well this time! 20 chicks, heatpad, grow gel, even weather across us I believe, and only like 36 hrs in transit.
That's great. Did you ever find out for sure what happened to the last? Were they lost in mail or just never sent out? Here's hoping this batch makes it healthy!!!
fl.gif

Please don't think badly of me but they sent the order again... and its actually almost here!!!! It should go well this time! 20 chicks, heatpad, grow gel, even weather across us I believe, and only like 36 hrs in transit.

Are your East Indies coming or are you still looking? If you are, Dogwood Acres in Tennessee has them, fyi

Back
Top Bottom