The Duck Thread

t

These are Black Sweedish, hatched 2 weeks apart

They really do grow fast. You do not realize how much they grow unless you compare hatchings side by side

Wow! That's crazy. Pretty sure that big one is already almost as big as my girls will be full grown lol.

Hello I'm new to ducks I just got 2 baby welsh harlequins yesterday and they're 3 weeks old since I'm new to ducks I didn't know if I could let them play in the sink or not the guy I got them from said they would drowned themselves I put them in the sink n they kept drinking water n putting their heads under and I almost had an anxiety attack I had to get them out so is it okay for them to play in the sink or just what are basics of raising baby ducks?

I just let my 10 day olds swim for the first time! Only 10 min maybe and very warm water then made sure they were dry. It was great!

[COLOR=333333]I need some advice as soon as possible. I have some 6 weeks old Magpies. I can now tell that I have 1 girl and two boys. I CANNOT keep the boys, but I do not want the girl to be alone. I have some ducklings that I hatched yesterday mostly, but I don't think she will accept them, and she might hurt them. Anyone mixed ducklings varying in age that much? I say I need to know ASAP because I am bringing the new ducklings to a swap tomorrow. I don't think I could do that, but It can't hurt to ask if anyone has done it. What do you think I should do?[/COLOR]

Can you keep the boys till the babies get bigger?

Hello I'm new to ducks I just got 2 baby welsh harlequins yesterday and they're 3 weeks old since I'm new to ducks I didn't know if I could let them play in the sink or not the guy I got them from said they would drowned themselves I put them in the sink n they kept drinking water n putting their heads under and I almost had an anxiety attack I had to get them out so is it okay for them to play in the sink or just what are basics of raising baby ducks?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/750869/raising-and-caring-for-ducklings#post_10611711

Play time in water is always with supervision.

@ChickenLittle3 Welcome to BYC!!

Hard to get good pic of them but my older 3 girls had fun! And so far everyone in duck brooder is doing amazing. Think I might actually get my flock of Bantams finally!

Back
Top Bottom