The Duck Thread

I've been spending tons of time with her and she is already 3 weeks old. She is very well behaved. Just don't know like what and what not to do

Oh ok :) Make sure her feed is NOT medicated. Is there any specific questions you have?

Aww!

I noticed I can hear my Pekin breath tonight when I went to put them in for night. My other ducks you can't hear breath at all but she is only Pekin I've had. Wasn't sure if this is normal cuz she's a chunk...Lol. or if she could have something kinda clogging her nasal passages. She seems fine otherwise. Brought her inside and put her in bathtub with warm water so she could maybe clear it if anything was clogging her nose. It's not loud but like a puff noise as she breathes. Almost like wheezing. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
I noticed I can hear my Pekin breath tonight when I went to put them in for night. My other ducks you can't hear breath at all but she is only Pekin I've had. Wasn't sure if this is normal cuz she's a chunk...Lol. or if she could have something kinda clogging her nasal passages. She seems fine otherwise. Brought her inside and put her in bathtub with warm water so she could maybe clear it if anything was clogging her nose. It's not loud but like a puff noise as she breathes. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated

How old is she? When my three oldest pekins where younger (under a year) two of them kind of sounded weird when they were breathing. I thought it was asthma or something like that, but as they got older it went away... not sure if that's normal for ducks or even the breed. Although they still snore at night. Haha

How old is she? When my three oldest pekins where younger (under a year) two of them kind of sounded weird when they were breathing. I thought it was asthma or something like that, but as they got older it went away... not sure if that's normal for ducks or even the breed. Although they still snore at night. Haha

She is young about 9 weeks. She's the first Pekin I've owned. Before I only had khaki Campbells. I got runners with her and she was only chunker in the bunch so wasn't sure if it is normal or not. I've got her and a buddy in bathtub for tonight. Didn't wanna put her back outside all wet after her bath cuz it's only 50 and going into 40s tonight. She is fully feathered everywhere but her wings and a bit on her back so was paranoid about her getting chilled in Duck house outside

Back
Top Bottom