The Duck Thread

My little Pekins have gotten so shnuggggly
1f60d.png
love.gif

Awe, so sweet. Little fuzzers. Love.

I am completely JEALOUS as my Kahki's want nothing to do with me! However, today is their first day in their new paradise! It looks like we robbed a playground! Any advice to a first time duck owner?! If you can't tell, everything is covered in chicken wire.

My ducks have never been snuggly. They are spoiled brats
1f602.png
We are even in the process of creating them a 500 gal above ground pond. No appreciation well other than the fact that they all turned out to be girls and give us each an egg a day without fail.

My little Pekins have gotten so shnuggggly
1f60d.png

My ducks have never been snuggly. They are spoiled brats
1f602.png
We are even in the process of creating them a 500 gal above ground pond. No appreciation well other than the fact that they all turned out to be girls and give us each an egg a day without fail.

Well don't tell mine that- they'll want to move in with you and will quit wuzzeling me.
1f606.png

Well don't tell mine that- they'll want to move in with you and will quit wuzzeling me.
1f606.png

1f602.png
Mine get to free range all day too because all of the large hawks don't bother to come up here with plenty of alfalfa fields to hunt. Plus the waffles, mealworms/darkwing beetles and loads of other goodies they get. Seriously spoiled. Then when I'm out of town my neighbor watches them and they get daily cat food treats
1f923.png
They run away and quack attack me like I'm the biggest meanie in the world if I want to pet them.

I am completely JEALOUS as my Kahki's want nothing to do with me! However, today is their first day in their new paradise! It looks like we robbed a playground! Any advice to a first time duck owner?! If you can't tell, everything is covered in chicken wire.
Ugh. That is torture. Having cute softness but not being able to cuddle with. Not fair. I don't have ducks, just an obsession with them, so I can't help with any enclosure advice. Get in touch with Miss Lydia or Tevyes Dad. They are a wealth of information.

1f602.png
Mine get to free range all day too because all of the large hawks don't bother to come up here with plenty of alfalfa fields to hunt. Plus the waffles, mealworms/darkwing beetles and loads of other goodies they get. Seriously spoiled. Then when I'm out of town my neighbor watches them and they get daily cat food treats
1f923.png
They run away and quack attack me like I'm the biggest meanie in the world if I want to pet them.

They are soooo confused. Lol!!! Mine haven't moved outside yet but when they do they'll get to free range with the chickens....which might seem nice, but also means sharing treats with the chickens
1f61d.png

*Sad post* husband came out this morning to check on the ducks and called me to come out right away. 4 of our 5 4 week old ducklings drowned last night
1f62d.png
They had not been getting in the pool at night as that is our mallard territory but we are thinking the drake may have gotten them in there and drowned them or they couldn't get back out or combination of both. There was still one hanging on but barely. I wrapped her in a towel and brought her into the shed with the heat lamp. She has shown vast improvement in the past hour so fingers crossed she makes it. Hasn't eaten or drank yet still shivering a bit but she is peeping at me and has her bill tucked under her wing.

Back
Top Bottom