The Duck Thread

Okay. I neeed help my duckling won't stand up! Is it paralyzed?

What does it look like? How old is it? What are you feeding it? Assuming you are giving it a chicken starter food, are you giving it supplemental niacin (don't use "flush free" or "time release") or brewers' / nutritional yeast (not active yeast)? Does it have full range of motion in its legs and can it move its legs while swimming (with a young duckling have warm (100F) not hot water for them to swim in and supervise them 100% of the time they are in the water.) Can it hold its head up on its own? (If not, don't do the swimming check).

its 2 and a half days since it made a hole in the shell. Should we give it starter food now? We are giving it poultry electrolytes. Its kinda holding its head up.

Last edited:
its 2 and a half days since it made a hole in the shell. Should we give it starter food now? We are giving it poultry electrolytes. Its kinda holding its head up.

If it's still in the shell, I know nothing as I've never hatched before. My skills start at 3 days old when they come out of the box.:lol: I wouldn't feed them in the shell, they should have yolk sacks to sustain them. @Ravynscroft @casportpony

269087337073856697%253Faccount_id%253D1
That's what its (mainly) doing...

A bit to early for me to have any good advice. Hopefully some of the hatching experts will pipe in here. @Miss Lydia , I know you let the momma's do the hatching, but if you know any other experts in hatching/hatchlings to page, I'd appreciate it. I'm out of my depth this young.

Back
Top Bottom