The Duck Thread

Here
701404258895206258%253Faccount_id%253D1

Yep, that needs to absorb, should take a few hours or up to a day, maybe? You don't want that baby running around right now, if that ruptures infection can get inside very easily and honestly very few survive a yolk sac rupture... place a washcloth in a bowl and set it in there in the incubator and wait... don't worry about food or water as it is getting that as it absorbs that bit...

If you don't have Nutridrench or PolyViSol, I do advise getting some as that will give it a good boost once it finishes absorbing that yolk... hang in there, that baby just needs some time...

I am back. What do I do with Nurtridrench?

Just put a drop at the tip of the bill and see if you can get it to swallow it... then a drop of just plain water to wash it down... that will give it a bit of a boost and help it keep it's energy up...

Edited to add: don't force it down the throat, you don't want to risk it choking...

Something I've picked up over the last couple years is that parsley is quite high in niacin, I hatched a duckling last week that had wry neck and after three days with parsley in its food I can't even tell which one it is. I've fixed wry neck in several ducks with parsley, I don't always have brewers yeast but parsley is always in the spice cabinet. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Back
Top Bottom